• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Exile on Anime Unleashed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:57 pm Reply with quote
OOOOOOOOH!!

go figure that
arxane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute.

TechTV actually got a relatively big-name anime?

Actually, that statement wasn't fair. They have shown fair like "Serial Experiments Lain" and...and...errrr...that anime with the chick with the glasses...

Sarcasm aside, "Last Exile" is a good license for TechTV because it's actually a property that's hot at this very moment, not several months or even years ago.

Good show, TechTV. Now if you'll get a better commercial-placement system...

PS - "SoulTaker" kicks ass.
Delthayre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm a bit dejected at hearing this. I don't get Tech TV and I would rather have not had to decide on whether or not I should buy the series. Succinctly, it would have been better for me if Cartoon Network had gotten it.
Exinex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I had to read this news article twice before believing it. I hope this does well for Tech TV. I imagine this will pull a lot of viewers away from Adult Swim and gain Tech TV a decent fan base.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quote
*strikes up a Hallelujah chorus*

I love TechTV. Anime exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
arxane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Exinex wrote:
Wow, I had to read this news article twice before believing it. I hope this does well for Tech TV. I imagine this will pull a lot of viewers away from Adult Swim and gain Tech TV a decent fan base.

Pull a lot of viewers away from Adutl Swim? Hardly. Anime Unleashed airs at 1:00am, directly after any new shows Adult Swim might air.

As for pulling in a decent fanbase...again, the timeslot might make that difficult.
my001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:46 pm Reply with quote
From an AU staffer regarding why there wasn't an official press release out yet:

There's no official TTV press release because we don't officially have this title yet. Let's say this announcement was "jumping the gun."

Stay tuned.

*Prays that GitS doesn't happen again.*
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, small mistake by Tech TV. Per their request I've "delayed" the news post. Essentially I've pulled it and will re-post it on the date they specified.

While ANN will not change (other than to append) or remove news articles, we will consider delaying them in this manner for a couple days when requested to do so by a company.

-t
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I ran around my house jumping and yelling when I heard this news Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

My friends gave me weird looks
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I was so happy that I was talking about it to my little sister nonstop for a good 30 minutes like a child. It's times like this that make me feel like I should be back in high school. Razz

TechTV.....is god.
ScrumpGrubbins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Yeah, small mistake by Tech TV. Per their request I've "delayed" the news post. Essentially I've pulled it and will re-post it on the date they specified.

While ANN will not change (other than to append) or remove news articles, we will consider delaying them in this manner for a couple days when requested to do so by a company.

-t

So TechTV asked you to re-post the story on the 22nd? Hopefully that means those of us actually at TechTV will get an official announcement soon.
DeSpawn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:45 am Reply with quote
Well I'll be a monkeys uncle.

Somehow I must have missed the quicky post on the 20th about this. Oh my thats excelent news for everyone with Tech TV. But...my cable provider put Tech TV in a rather undesirable package of channels...Pay an extra 9 dollars and get 13 channels of crap (well Tunner classic movie channel is good). Now I'll have to wait for the rather slow DVD release squedual to see this series. Hmm would they release the dvd quicker because of this, I hope so.

Oh and though I've only seen a little anime on tech TV, do they censor anime? Or do they just "cut" out stuff inorder to put 3 commercial breaks in? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:13 am Reply with quote
DeSpawn wrote:
Or do they just "cut" out stuff inorder to put 3 commercial breaks in? Confused

That one. Really, all the usually cut are just slow camera pans, or sometimes unnecessary dialogue (very rarely do they ever clip anything of real value).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Is this mean that TechTV is going to show ALL the episodes of Last Exile?
Cerberus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I've been seriously thinking about buying this anime...if it turns out to be to my liking on TechTv, I'll probably get it. Only one problem...I go to school and watching television at 1 AM is not an option for me. Maybe they'll put AU back on the 4:30 time slot and take X-Play out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3