• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.:??FLCL??:.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oOVeCToRMaNOo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
ok, i just got done reading this and maybe its just me or because i read it so late at night but im confused as hell...im going back to read it again but honestly....none of it made any sense at all...i kinna caught onto a plot but its so confusing i dont know what is a dream and what isnt....maybe thats the point but its kinna frustrating....i like gainax and i enjoy figuring things out for myself and leaving things open...but help me im lost...
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps, like the anime, it will make more sense the second time you read it.

I've only read the first book, but I prefer the anime to the manga. For me, seeing all the craziness makes more sense than reading it. Wink
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I also got confused and lost while reading the manga. It seems to make little sense compared to the anime (which i saw before i read the manga.) So i would strongly recomend that you watch the anime. The storyline, art, and music is very well done. True it is still confusing at times... but that's the point of Fooly Cooly Anime smile

Oh, and as far as i can remember, none of it was a dream... But if i'm mistaken, then maybe that just means that i need to re-read/re-watch it again Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
oOVeCToRMaNOo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote
thanks...yea im going to re-read it again and see if i get any more from it...i would really like to see the show and i heard it comes on cartoon network so if you know if it still does and what time lemme know...i would by it but with only 2 ep. a DVD thats quite a bit for me to spend...thats about $60-$90...which is pretty pricy...and unfortunatly no one i know has it either...i might just be out of luck
Arby's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quote
The anime makes just slightly more sense. I don't think the show or manga's story is really supposed to though, the explenation I've gotten is that it's a character study, and all the crazy stuff is window dressing.[/i]
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I was underwhelmed by the FLCL manga-I though it wasn't strong on narrative clarity. It did, however, remind me a bit of the ultra-cool stuff at www.fortthunder.org.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
eva05

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Well the second FLCL manga was translated a bit better than the first (I assume we're discussing the English versions here, right?)

The dailogue is very disjointed in the first volume but a lot smoother in the second. I'm not sure why this happened but....

Regardless, one thing to keep in mind the manga FLCL was written as an alternative universe not as as a adaption of the anime. It has the same characters but they have different events, dialogue, etc going on in their lives.

j
Amaramia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I had to read it like 3 times to get it but it's now quite easy to understand....better than the show actually..O.O but then I'm insane just as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amaramia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I had to read it like 3 times to get it but it's now quite easy to understand....better than the show actually..O.O but then I'm insane just as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amaramia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Amaramia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1