• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media Anime Solicitations Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
if this fails to sell well for them, then they are going right back to simple releases
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
^That's what I fear. It looks like an AMAZING release, but for a series I don't really have an interest in. I still may end up buying it just to support more of these types of releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Viz just released a new online survey regarding their physical DVD/BD releases. It gets pretty technical in a few places, so be prepared to spend some time on it.

You can take it here: http://bit.ly/W2013Ani
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:09 am Reply with quote
I sure hope this survey is not about them trying to mess with ranma 1/2's aspect ratio, lol

I'm surprised how cheap they are planning the release when the japanese one is priced a little silly

I really think if they re-released bleach season 1 on blu-ray it would sell well
that was the pinnacle of the series before it got all soiled
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
I really think if they re-released bleach season 1 on blu-ray it would sell well
that was the pinnacle of the series before it got all soiled

I think that it would have to be seasons one, two and three, the first 63 episodes, to finish the "Rescue" story that started at the end of season one.
If they do release that on Blu-ray, and it does look better than the DVD, I would get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
via Amazon.com
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote

© Rumiko Takahashi / Shogakukan

RANMA 1/2, the martial arts action adventure comedy series that influenced generations of fans around the world, is coming soon to North America Blu-ray and DVD! The first of seven seasons of RANMA 1/2 sets debuts on a Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set (available for the first time in HD!) and on Standard Edition DVD Set on March 25th!

Based on the manga series created by Rumiko Takahashi (also coming out in a remastered 2-in-1 omnibus edition), the legendary series gets the deluxe treatment in the Blu-ray box set:
  • Gorgeous premium chipboard box with gold foil stamping, and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi!
  • 3 disc set with 23 episodes presented in original Japanese episode order!
  • presented in 4:3 aspect ratio with full 1080p High Definition resolution taken straight from the original Blu-ray masters
  • Japanese with English subtitles, dubbed English audio track, and a secondary signs and songs subtitle track!
  • Tons of on disc exclusive extras, including exclusive footage from the RANMA 1/2 panel at the recent New York Comic Con, a highlight reel of the New York Comic Con VIZ Media events, and an exclusive We Love Ranma Part 1 Manga Remastering interview with VIZ Media editor Hope Donovan!
  • Includes 64-page booklet with full color episode gude and manga remaster sampler!

Both Blu-ray and DVD sets will be available soon for preorder! To check out a trailer of the High Definition Blu-ray set, please visit: http://youtu.be/ykQrD1J09ts

via PR...
Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VIZ MEDIA ANNOUNCES PRE-ORDERS FOR THE CLASSIC RANMA ½ ANIME SERIES ON RESTORED BLU-RAY FOR THE FIRST TIME AND DVD

Legendary Martial Arts-Action-Adventure-Comedy Debuts In High Definition In New 3-Disc Sets That Feature The First Season Of The Celebrated Series And An Array Of Special Bonus Features

San Francisco, CA, December 20, 2013 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), the largest distributor and licensor of manga and anime in North America, delights multiple generations of anime fans as it announces pre-orders for the upcoming March 25th release of RANMA ½, the celebrated martial arts action-adventure based on the smash hit manga (graphic novel) series created by Rumiko Takahashi (2-in-1 omnibus manga editions featuring the original right-to-left reading format also debut the same month).

VIZ Media will release the first of seven seasons of RANMA ½ sets as a special Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set and also as a Standard Edition DVD Set. Pre-orders will be available soon through most major video/DVD/Blu-ray retailers as well as from leading anime retailers including Amazon, RightStuf, and Robert's Anime Corner Store.

The RANMA ½ Blu-ray Box Set carries an MSRP of $54.97 (U.S. / CAN) and offers hours of fun in the special 3-disc set that features 23 episodes of the acclaimed series, presented in full 1080p High Definition resolution taken straight from the original Japanese Blu-ray masters giving fans the uncropped, original 4:3 aspect ratio. For the first time, all episodes are presented in the original Japanese episode order. Dialogue options are available for original Japanese with English subtitles or with dubbed English audio tracks, and a secondary subtitle track for signs and songs will also be included. The set comes packaged in a premium chipboard box with gold foil stamping with art that is beautifully illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi and also includes a 64-page booklet with a full color episode guide along with a manga re-master sampler.

An extensive selection of bonus features for the Blu-ray Box Set makes it a must-own for North American fans. In addition to trailers and upcoming episode previews, the Blu-ray set includes footage of the packed-capacity RANMA ½ panel from the 2013 New York Comic Con, a highlight reel of the 2013 New York Comic Con VIZ Media events, and an exclusive “We Love Ranma” Part 1 - Manga Re-Mastering interview with the VIZ Media Editor Hope Donovan that details some of the processes of the latest manga release.

The RANMA ½ Standard Edition DVD Set is also scheduled for release on March 25th and will be available soon for pre-order. Carrying an MSRP of $44.82 U.S. / CAN, the Standard Set features 23 episodes on 3 discs along with bonus features that include trailers, and a 2013 New York Comic Con highlight reel. English and Japanese audio options will be available, as well as the songs-and-signs subtitle track...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Bugger off VIZ! Why did you have to make your Ranma BDs look so amazing? Why couldn't you package it in a standard BD case with reused cover art from the DVD sets and let me just ignore it like I planned to?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look bad at all. I'm sure the final product will look much better than Youtube quality, though. Really like the packaging, too. Will definitely dish out the money for this series. I had lots of fun times watching it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting part 2 of Accel World on BD.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
dubbed English audio track, and a secondary signs and songs subtitle track

Considering they dont do this with the Dub on Neon Alley, I was worried about this on the BR release. Thank God they're fixing that. I'm looking forward to owning it!
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Up @ TRSI

- Set 1 (DVD)
Quote:
While supplies last, customers who order this item will receive an exclusive gift to be announced soon!

Contains episodes 1-23.

- Set 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
Quote:
This special edition includes a premium chipboard artbox and a 64-page booklet with a full-color episode guide and a manga remaster sampler!

While supplies last, customers who order this item will receive an exclusive gift to be announced soon!

Contains episodes 1-23.

Special Features: Ranma 1/2 Panel at New York Comic Con, Highlight Reel of New York Comic Con Viz Media Events, "We Love Ranma" Part 1 Manga Remastering Interview with Hope Donovan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 29