• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Still Alive

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bj_waters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

If one cannot tell that a parody is a parody (as seems to have happened with most people who read Rizelmine), it's not a very good parody, is it?

I don't see how "every cliche is shoved into one story" automatically equals "funny"; it just means every cliche is shoved into one story, which makes it dumb.

I certainly saw it as a parody as a read it. Maybe it was the mood I was in when I read it.

It's funny because it's ridiculously predicable. And because it hits so many of them so quickly. For a similar production, Look for the Reduced Shakespeare company where they do all of Shakespeare's plays in two hours. Anything done that quickly can't be taken seriously, so the actors don't bother. The same goes for Rizelmine. Everything is half-baked because it is supposed to be.

Now don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that everyone needs to have it. I don't and I don't plan on picking it up. But I am not afraid to say that it was an enjoyable read. Besides, if we all listened to only one person (Zac Bertschy for example) we may miss out on a lot of good things.

(Please don't kill me Zac.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2