• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse's Allison & Lillia Promo Video Posted Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quote
I must say, the animation looks stunning in that vid. Madhouse appears to have done a great job (which is what we've all come to expect from the studio anyway). I can't wait for this series. It should be great, if the amazing Kino's Journey is any indication.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm still disappointed that the character designs are nowhere near as good as the light novel art which was just great (there's an older pv that flashes about 15 pics from the novels). Thankfully it looks a lot better in motion than it did on the very first pic they hosted on the website for it. Oh well it could've been worse, like the other Madhouse spring series Himitsu which designs just got butchered.

Anyway I'm obviously interested in the show due to it's pedigree as well as VA cast, Nana Mizuki and Noto Mamiko ftw.
reversethief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote
This looks great! Anything historical fiction peaks my interest anyway but combining that with the writing talent of Keiichi Sigsawa, I am very excited!
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote
The character designs don't bother me, but I do prefer the original novel art. Anyway, looks fantastic animated. Allison & Lillia is one of my top three most anticipated shows of the spring season. Can't wait for next month!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1