• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Higurashi Tentatively Slated as Rei Video Series

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Efscope

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote
YAY! Who else is happy about this?
cloud1989

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
since it is an ova then I suspect it will be very short then, thats good because as much as I like it I didn't want it to drag on to long.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote
cloud1989 wrote:
since it is an ova then I suspect it will be very short then, thats good because as much as I like it I didn't want it to drag on to long.

Is there really all that much more to explain? The series covered all eight core games. Everything else is side stories, aren't they? Personally, this "third season" sounds just like their milking an established otaku fanbase.

For me, the series ended when spoiler[the calendar changed over to July 1st]. Everything else that they're planning sounds like it's just extra unneeded baggage.
ani12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
They sure took their time to release the title.

Anyway, now we can FINALLY see what happens in Saikoroshi-hen!

(And possibly Onisarashi-hen)
Tenchi Kaze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Is there really all that much more to explain? The series covered all eight core games. Everything else is side stories, aren't they? Personally, this "third season" sounds just like their milking an established otaku fanbase.

For me, the series ended when spoiler[the calendar changed over to July 1st]. Everything else that they're planning sounds like it's just extra unneeded baggage.

If it's an OVA series, I don't see why it shouldn't be made up of the side stories. I personally would love for Saikoroshi-hen (from the Rei fandisc) to be animated, as I am unable to obtain the Japanese games and the premise for that story sounds very interesting. Also, from what I read, there are a few purely comedic side stories in the fandisc and the manga, so there's no reason why this OVA series couldn't be a "Higurashi Fumoffu" of sorts.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Everytime I hear news about something to do with Hirurashi it makes me sad. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:

Agreed, I was kinda disappointed when I saw the announcement for "season 3" at the end of the last series. I felt like it cheapened the effect of the last episode and I started to wonder if they were intending to animate Miotsukushi-hen spoiler[and somehow void the events of Matsuribayashi-hen]. It would be cool to see Saikoroshi-hen animated though and the final scene at the end of the last episode piqued my interest.

I am glad it's an OVA though and hopefully shorter.
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
So it will be an OVA? I thought this supposed "third season" would be bigger. Oh well. Just glad there is something new about Higurashi. Hope it turns out as good.
sogekihei-neko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I'd be happy if they would just find someone to pick it back up here (USA) for release!
ani12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
sogekihei-neko wrote:
I'd be happy if they would just find someone to pick it back up here (USA) for release!

Yeah, that would be great, since we only got halfway through Himatsubushi-hen.

Hopefully FUNimation will get it.
Orange_Popsicle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad it's only an OVA.

I was kind of hoping they would animate some of the side stories, actually. I would like to see the Onisarashi-hen and Yoigoshi-hen arcs from the manga animated (I'm not sure if they were in the game or not I'm too lazy to watch the game videos)

I was also wondering, do you guys think they'll animate Umineko no Naku Koro ni sometime in the future?

EDIT: Typo
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Oooh it's an OVA.

I hope Miotsukushi-hen and Saikoroshi-hen will be animated~ X3
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
cloud1989 wrote:

Well, the fandisk does contain an epilouge of sorts for Matsuribayashi-hen (it's been described as 'the chapter after Matsuribayashi-hen' by Ryuukishi07), so I wouldn't be surprised if the OVA only covers the one story. It's apparently just as short as Himatsubushi-hen, so it shouldn't take too many episodes to animate.
BakaOnna

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Orange_Popsicle wrote:

I was also wondering, do you guys think they'll animate Umineko no Naku Koro ni sometime in the future?

EDIT: Typo

Umineko anime's been officially confirmed: http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/umineko/index.htm

Perfect timing, would you say? Very Happy

Anyway, based what I read from others who could translate, more information will be released summer 2008. The anime's supposed to air around 2008. Which I find strange because only 2 episodes of the game are out, and only 2 games are released per year. So that means either 13 eps per season, or they'll drag out/not miss plot details.
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quote
I think I'm getting kinda confused...

Splitter wrote:

Oh, but what about the scene that followed up after that? When spoiler[scary looking adult Rika confronts a young Takano]. To me, that showed that things aren't quite over.

BakaOnna wrote:
Perfect timing, would you say? Very Happy

Why, I'm astounded; I wish I could say.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2