• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eva Movie Remake Gets Theatrical Remake of Its Own

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:53 am Reply with quote
Hahahaha... oh, EVA. Only you could carry off this delightful combination of pretension and pocket-mining... Anime smile
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Q1 2009: Evangelion 1.0.2, with 100 limited edition Rei figures for the first 100 premiere viewers.

Q2 2009: Evangelion 1.0.3, with 100 limited edition Asuka figures for the first 100 premiere viewers.

Q3 2009: Evangelion 1.0.4, with 100 limited edition Misato figures for the first 100 premiere viewers.

Q4 2009: Evangelion 1.0.5f, with 50 sets of Kaoru x Shinji figures for the first 50 female premiere viewers.

Q2 2010: Evangelion 1.1.0 beta 2, a preview Blu-ray Disc for the coming up fifteen years anniversary edition, with interviews and cutscenes of all major Evangelion events in the past 15 years.

Q3 2010: Evangelion 1.1.0 beta 3, same with beta 2 but with Gendō x Kōzō figures. 20-sets limited edition through lottery only.

Q4 2010: Evangelion 1.1.0, fifteen years anniversary edition, in three different versions of collector's boxsets.

Q2 2011: Evangelion 1.1.2, ... ... ...

The movie rehash aside, this post is magnificent!

Bravo, Dormcat. BRAVO!!!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Q1 2009: Evangelion 1.0.2, with 100 limited edition Rei figures for the first 100 premiere viewers.

Q2 2009: Evangelion 1.0.3, with 100 limited edition Asuka figures for the first 100 premiere viewers.

Q3 2009: Evangelion 1.0.4, with 100 limited edition Misato figures for the first 100 premiere viewers.

Q4 2009: Evangelion 1.0.5f, with 50 sets of Kaoru x Shinji figures for the first 50 female premiere viewers.

Q2 2010: Evangelion 1.1.0 beta 2, a preview Blu-ray Disc for the coming up fifteen years anniversary edition, with interviews and cutscenes of all major Evangelion events in the past 15 years.

Q3 2010: Evangelion 1.1.0 beta 3, same with beta 2 but with Gendō x Kōzō figures. 20-sets limited edition through lottery only.

Q4 2010: Evangelion 1.1.0, fifteen years anniversary edition, in three different versions of collector's boxsets.

Q2 2011: Evangelion 1.1.2, ... ... ...

Hahahahaha YES. Laughing
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote
I couldn't care less. If it gets licensed in America or Australia or wherever, I will buy and watch it - for the time being, they can make as much money as they want in Japan.

PS: There is one huge difference between Star Wars and Eva - it's impossible to get the original Star Wars on DVD.
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote
Can Hideki Anno go do something else now? Something not Eva-related? Please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quote
Damn!

That's the first I've heard of a movie that was just in theatres, go on DVD and then go back to the theatre. It's like 'SW' the "enhanced ED".

What the hell did they put in? My friend is going to laugh at this one. Hoo boy. Go 'Eva...yay....~"
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote
so let me get this straight: it's a remake of a remake?
Vortextk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote
It says the dvds are shipping the day before screening, does this mean the "original" remake dvds? Or this new cut of the remake?

And I love the name change, 1.01. I can't wait until it gets service pack 2, then it'll be good enough for the masses!
silentjay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
so let me get this straight: it's a remake of a remake?

No, it's the same movie, with enhancements. Calling it a remake of a remake was sloppy reporting.
Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
That's the first I've heard of a movie that was just in theatres, go on DVD and then go back to the theatre. It's like 'SW' the "enhanced ED".

It's not unheard of. Both Alien and Blade Runner went on limited theatre runs when they had director's cuts/special editions released.
packrat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote
Now, com'n, Gainax! I can handle the toys of Asuka and Rei dressed as everything from racing queens to Santa Claus, the Eva 01 toy now with added new "red tint" and even the creepy weirdness that is Petit Eva, but now it's just getting silly. But a re-release of a film that barely (if at all!) has left theatres and is in itself a remake? That's just plain silly.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
Labbes wrote:
PS: There is one huge difference between Star Wars and Eva - it's impossible to get the original Star Wars on DVD.

Actually, you'd be wrong there. The individual DVD releases of episodes 4-6 include a bonus disk with the original theatrical version of each film. The only reason I'm buying them is for those bonus disks; I don't give a damn about Lucas's post-menopausal rehashes.

More on-topic, what cracks me up the most is how many people actually support moves like this. One can accuse Anno of many things, but not being a shrewd businessman isn't one of them. Who else could wrap a collective fanbase around his little finger to the extent that he's able to keep them convinced that his oh-so-rehashed franchise is still the greatest thing since sliced bread and get them to keep buying re-release after re-release of the same old story, all the while continuing to milk a cow that should have gone dry half a decade ago? The man missed his true calling; he should have been the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.
irishninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote
Waah!

When are they going to bring it to America?

Crying or Very sad
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
From my understanding, this is just a limited theatrical release of the Director's cut DVD?

Clearly doesn't sound as bad as everyone is making it seem.
Lackshmana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Labbes wrote:

Actually, you'd be wrong there. The individual DVD releases of episodes 4-6 include a bonus disk with the original theatrical version of each film. The only reason I'm buying them is for those bonus disks; I don't give a damn about Lucas's post-menopausal rehashes.

I think you might be wrong there.
I am pretty sure those are the LASER DISC versions, as George Lucas claims that the original theatrical versions no longer exist. Maybe I misheard but yeah, I don't believe there is anyway to get the original theatrical versions anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4