• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Mew Mew Licensed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:45 am Reply with quote
All I'm worried about is their attempt to make it appealing to the boy crowd as well. This is what Nelvana did with Cardcaptor Sakura, and the result was horrible. They pretty much removed all really female aspects of the show, and focused more on the action, while at the same time removing about half the shows because of lack of action, and even removing a guy on girl crush because they thought it would turn off boys. The only reason I'm not still ranting about this today is because they allowed Pioneer to release an uncut sub version. If they don't do the same for Mew Mew, they're going to have hordes of angy female fans.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I've only read one volume of Tokyo Mew Mew. If the anime keeps with the cuteness of the manga, then I don't think there would be much to edit anyhow. If there's only tidbits being editted, the chances are lower of a seperate uncut version coming out.
haze-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Luff-Chan wrote:
...Like I said on another forum, die 4Kids...just die. What was the point of changing Tokyo to HOLLYWOOD??? Want to make it seem more American? Does Tokyo not exist? I want to email 4Kids and yell at them for their dumb change. I give 4Kids 0 thumbs. I would prefer this straight to DVD instead of putting crappy VA's on TV who are probably the same as Shaman King and all the other failed attempts of "good" anime dubbing and editing for Saturday/Sunday cartoons. *sigh* Crying or Very sad My Mew Mew's Anime cry

You know, when Sailor Moon was originally released in English dub-only format, Moonies both on and offline started a campaign to distros to get a sub release. The demand was high enough to get a sub release.

If there are enough people willing to petition this, then maybe we can get a legitimate release of TMM.
Meep-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If there are enough people willing to petition this, then maybe we can get a legitimate release of TMM.

You should try www.hollywoodmewmew.com There, they state that petitions don't work anymore. But i'm so completely against this. I sereously wonder, though. The Tokyo Tower plays a pretty major part, how are they going to cut it out, i wonder? hmm...
I have an idea, though. I've looked into this with some detail. 4kids is really only doing this to make money through merchindise. If no one buys the merchindise there goes the sales and maybe, MAYBE they wont ruin anymore anime! Worth a try, ehe? Very Happy
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Even if everyone whom reads anime boards refused to buy Mew Mew-related merchandise, and I don't think that would happen since some people are more concerned about this than others, I doubt it would make much of a dent in their sales, since the purist niche whom cares about the integrity of the original version is tiny compared to the market 4Kids is aiming at, kids whom don't care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Grammar time ^_^ (I'm only doing this because you brought it up with me once...)

who -> subject
whom -> object

So all the "whom"s should be "who"s. Easy way to remember: replace the who/whom with he/him. If "he" fits, use who. If it's "him," use whom. (Or just use "who" anyways. People don't like "whom.")

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum thread...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5