• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Spirits Dream Inside

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I kinda enjoy watching Shuffle (even though I only saw 2 episodes), since it reminds me of another show almost like it (Girls Bravo, which I also like). Those fathers are especially funny

Anyway, about DMC, its a shame that they start the series in the middle of the game, its better if they do a season for each and every game, starting w/ # 1. And about this 5 centimeter thing, I'll probably check it out too (seeing that it have a great review, I guess it is worth watching)
kakitamike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Yeah, I also think it "gets better later" (hopefully starting with the next volume), but that's no reason for Bamboo to upgrade her rating based on what might happen instead of what does happen in volume 2.

I don't recall calling for any change to her review

Zalis116 wrote:

As for Holic, I think I'll wait on the verdict for the whole series. Even if it means continuing to be lost while watching Tsubasa Chronicle episodes featuring the Holic characters. At least I vaguely know where Yuko and Watanuki come from, as opposed to some of the other Clamp crossovers.

I watched the first disc of Tsubasa and was bored out of my mind, but i'm interested in watching to see the xxxholic crossovers. Are there many episodes where xxxholic shows up in tsubasa? I think i remember it happening once in the first disc, but it was too long ago to be sure.

Last edited by kakitamike on Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, L'Arc~en~Ciel, etc...

What do I win?
UEHacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm the Mike C who's collection was posted. I'd just like to note the majority of those shirts aren't mine. We're in the process of moving me into that room and my mom happens to be using it for storage Anime smile;;
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote
It is good to hear a positive review of xxxHOLiC. I have been reading the manga and enjoying it very much. I know the biggest complaint is that the overlying plot has been taken away, and that it only follows side stories(that's what I've heard, I have not seen the anime yet). Here is the thing though. Even in the manga, the side stories are pretty darn good. And I would love to see them in anime form. So this review really helped cement that idea. So I will be getting this soon hopefully.

As far as 5Cm, it is in the mail as we speak and I can't wait. Smile

And Shuffle? I was kinda interested in this because I think the character designs are kinda neat. But everything I have heard says stay far far away. So I think I might.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
bluegreen wrote:
honestly, everyone who wants to watch xxxholic is probably better off reading the manga. They pretty much removed the entire over all story and just left the episodic segments. It was pretty disappointing.

If plot is the only thing you care about, sure. On the other hand, sound, color, and motion add an incredible layer of atmosphere that one should not dismiss so quickly.

Also, for people wondering about xxxHolic/Tsubasa cross-overs, don't worry about them in xxxHolic, they're not there.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
omg the indian guy on the cart scares me to this day.
driverstart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
xxxHoLiC seems interesting and a good buy, but I rather not get it. I might just wait until it comes onto Season Box Set.

As much as the person who reviewed Shuffle didn't seem to like it, I actually found it quite nice, sweet, and freshing compared to the action, suspense, and massive battles of the usual anime I watch (I watch Bleach, Naruto, Tsubasa, and Death Note. I need a dose of sweetness and cuteness every once in a while!).

Asa's episode was my favorite and then came Dating with Panties. Smile wasn't my favorite episode, but that really isn't saying much since I enjoyed all of the episodes on the DVD. I don't really care much about Dub, extras, and all of that stuff so it didn't really matter to me if a reviewer says that's a bad thing or something like that. I enjoyed DVD and I can't wait to see Volume 3 in May.

As for Devil May Cry, my Charter on Demand airs that, so I can watch it for free at any time so buying the DVD doesn't matter to me.
skaly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
bluegreen wrote:
honestly, everyone who wants to watch xxxholic is probably better off reading the manga. They pretty much removed the entire over all story and just left the episodic segments. It was pretty disappointing.

I heard they were doing a second season.
Monsieur Pink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Great column as always (I want to check 5 Centimeters Per Second now)! Glad to see Shuffle in the Perishable again and I certainly hope no more than one or two volumes will get a Rental Shelf position. Hands down FUNimation worst license ever and I'm taking Ragnarok The Animation in account when I'm saying that. Twisted Evil
indrik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that thought 5cm was really, really depressing?

Crying or Very sad
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
indrik wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Not only depressing but mostly boring. I watched Shinkai's other two works and I thought they were quite boring as well but I decided to check out 5 cm (especially since my brother raved about it). This longing to reclaim first loves (though totally Japanese - I watched enough J-Dramas to know that they seem to have this thing about first love being the most important or true love) and staring off into space just isn't my cup of tea.

I'm still waiting for my xxxholic dvd to arrive in the mail - I'm collecting the managa and I really enjoy the series (I'm a Clamp fan though). I've watched the first several fansubbed episodes and enjoyed the anime series though I do agree with the others that they seem to be focused on the sidestories in the manga. However, I enjoy those sidestories too, so it doesn't matter.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote
GhstDreamer wrote:
indrik wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Not only depressing but mostly boring. I watched Shinkai's other two works and I thought they were quite boring as well but I decided to check out 5 cm (especially since my brother raved about it). This longing to reclaim first loves (though totally Japanese - I watched enough J-Dramas to know that they seem to have this thing about first love being the most important or true love) and staring off into space just isn't my cup of tea.
Haven't you had a first love then?
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I think I need to see 5cm since I've been hearing so many good things about it. And now I'm seriously considering seeing Holic, except some of the people here say that it is very different from the manga which I happen to like a lot, still feel like I need to give it a try.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
indrik wrote:

Crying or Very sad

I totally cried at the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4