• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Announces New Dates for Delayed Anime Releases

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyouki-Kamikawa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
what is "Knon" lol
Heretic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder how I even got the Kanon box on time, or the last Kurau for that matter...well whatever, the good thing is things are looking like they are getting back on track. Now if they could just give us a new date for Gurren Lagann.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I am extremely upset Gurren Lagann is not on the list. That is the only title I care about. Sad
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Even though there are a few notables missing, this is great news. And the first good real news we have heard from the(or on) ADV since the matter appeared.

It is really, really good to hear that these DVDs are starting to come back out! I was starting to seriously get worried.

My guess is the ones that are missing will eventually come back out as well, but they can't say when yet. Or that this whole fiasco has pushed back replication.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote
i got kanon 2+box and Kurau 6 already myself......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ahasuerus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Just the news I was waiting for (and checking twice daily on Laughing ). Thanks ANN; as usual, you're right on top of things Cool

I was really starting to worry about ADV with regard to their health, especially in light of Geneon's collapse. I'd have hated it if I couldn't have completed my Kanon collection *angrily eyes aborted Higurashi and Rozen Maiden boxes*

Hopefully this is merely a bump in the road, but I'm curious as to what caused it. Businesses are suspiciously silent about anything that could reveal a perceived weakness, so we may never know anything other than "licensing issues". Now if they can get to those titles left off the list... still annoyed about those.

Heretic, did you get your Kanon box through RightStuf? I know they did have copies originally but were quickly sold out and then also put on the waiting list. I searched but found no-one else that had any.

Anyway, *relieved*
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I got mine via Rightstuf
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Heretic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Ahasuerus wrote:

Heretic, did you get your Kanon box through RightStuf? I know they did have copies originally but were quickly sold out and then also put on the waiting list. I searched but found no-one else that had any.

Yes I did. I was surprised to find out not many people got it as I thought it had escaped this whole situation. I was reassuring people that they would be able to get Kanon and Kurau on time, but I was wrong for the most part.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Huh? This doesn't match the list that TRSI posted. TRSI has everything a week later. Which is correct?

Whilte this is good news, I'm worried about Gurren Lagann.

Last edited by Jedi General on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
icepick314

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
the website is still bare....

none of those showsites are backup either....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Huh? This doesn't match the list that TRSI posted. TRSI has everything a week later. Which is correct?

We posted ship dates (from ADV). TRSI posted the dates they expect to be able to ship the products, allowing for about a week for the product to get from ADV to TRSI and for TRSI to process and ship it out to you...

-t
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Jedi General wrote:

We posted ship dates (from ADV). TRSI posted the dates they expect to be able to ship the products, allowing for about a week for the product to get from ADV to TRSI and for TRSI to process and ship it out to you...

-t

Ah .... That makes sense. Thanks, tempest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't think they'd get Kanon vl.3 out so quickly. Bandai has a disc problem, and they push their stuff back a month or two...
Ryusui

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
So Gurren Lagann is MIA?

...Anime hyper#
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Heretic wrote:
Hmm, I wonder how I even got the Kanon box on time, or the last Kurau for that matter...well whatever, the good thing is things are looking like they are getting back on track. Now if they could just give us a new date for Gurren Lagann.
Must've been the power of ~uguu Laughing

I get the feeling that this is a "well, we've got these releases worked out, so let's give them something to latch onto for now" announcement that they decided to release now, rather than waiting a few more weeks/months until they get others like TTTGL and DMC worked out. The only other absent title among their ongoing releases that I could find was Magikano, whose third volume was given a 4/1 release date according to Vol. 2. So theoretically that date is still correct, since Vol. 2 did manage to make it out on February 5th.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10