• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GDH to Allow Downloaders to Set Price for 2 Gonzo Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:19 am Reply with quote
luhead wrote:
I'm not clear on this. Are people going to be able to download from Crunchyroll and not just stream? If so, then why are downloads on BOST going to be $1.99 and CR downloads pay-what-you-want?

I do not think Crunchy roll will be providing downloads. I think that Gonzo is just going to pop up an add or something saying "did you like this program, want to see more?" "Please donate!".

Frankly I think anyone who pays money for streaming content more than $1 an episode is a fool. For $2 (or less with the season discount) you could legally purchase downloads (and even a DRM free version ) from BOST that's higher quality anyway.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
well it's working - there's a scoreboard for anyone who donates over $5 which I thought was pretty high for a single episode - yet three people have already donated $30. Also of note:

Quote:
This download is for personal use only. Please do not share this file illegally! Information will be embedded into the downloaded file that can be traced back to your purchase.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Considering its on youtube, no one needs to upload it anywhere esle. lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Shiroi Hane"
Quote:
This download is for personal use only. Please do not share this file illegally! Information will be embedded into the downloaded file that can be traced back to your purchase.
[/quote]

That's good news to hear, actually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4