• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deepdiscountdvd.com

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone has used this site to buy any dvds. I don't want bootlegs, or crappy service, or, of course, a scam site.

The prices here seem too good to be true though. Better than most just anime dealers, so I was wondering if anyone has used them before. Anything would be nice. Thanks.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Deep Discount DVDs only sells legit stuff. All the anime discs on there are the legal R1 US release. Other places have cheap DVDs along those prices, too, like digitaleyes.net and buy.com.
syr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to both of you, you've been a great help.
gnollman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I love these guys... only complaints is shipping times on backordered items and preorders. For some reason, it takes them a while to get the preorders out....
gnikdrazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quote
They are legit. 2 legit to quit. Anyways, I hope the bring back their 20% coupon they had during December. Thankfully the coupon was only good for 5 items. I would have really broken the bank if I didn't have a limit.
Cerberus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I found it hard to believe that DDD was actually legit. 50 dollars off the RK Premium Wandering Samurai Box Set! But since an ANN columnist has said it's perfectly legit, I think I'll be buying from there sometime soon. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
space clam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Just visited the website... That sound is my wallet breathing a huge sigh of relief after years of being raped repeatedly by expensive anime. Most of their merchandise is 40% below most retailers (e.g., $30 dollar disc = $17.99) Now the only thing that really breaks the bank is filling up the old truck with diesel...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Innotech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote
be wary though, I've rerad quite a few reviews of the site claiming VERY poor customer service. Sure if everything goes alright and nothing goes wrong in shippuing, youll get your order just fine, but apparently if something goes awry, or you have to return something, well I can only say good luck because its widely said that DDD's customer service is the very worst. Just somehting to look out for. I found another site with an actual forum on it so that I have a place to post my gripes if something doesnt pan out. Its also about $1-$2 more expensive, but more reliable. I guess if youre willing to risk a couple purchases on DDD its ok, but start out small and work your way upwards if you trust them.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Innotech wrote:
be wary though,

Figures I'd only hear bad things about the site after I went & ordered the Boogiepop Phantom box set off of them.

Goodie, now I get to worry about it even arriving at all for the next few weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Innotech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:39 pm Reply with quote
its always a risk to order stuff online, but my dads done it on Ebay for a long long time and I htink he's gotten everything he ever won, but some of it was quite late. It just goes to show that its still a hit or miss hting. theres no guarantee anywhere you shop that you wont get screwed, but if theres no problem delivering your boxset, you should probably get it within a couple weeks at least. I haven't ordered anime online, but I ordered model cars from a site. That site took months literally to finally give me my products, especially if backordered, but thats just a risk you take.
Innotech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quote
both tmp and this discount dvd site have great prices, so Ill just mix and match orders and see what happens. Cant hurt to try.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Figures I'd only hear bad things about the site after I went & ordered the Boogiepop Phantom box set off of them.

Goodie, now I get to worry about it even arriving at all for the next few weeks.

I wouldn't worry too much about them, I've ordered five times from them and recieved everything in good condition. I will admit though, sometimes their processing is a bit slow, but if you're patient it'll get to you in 5-8 days.

The only thing I actually hate about them is they don't email you when things are on back order, you have to login and figure it out on your own.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dark Schneider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:25 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Innotech wrote:
be wary though,

I've bought twice from them but i get the over night delivery not that bad considering how much i save from the sets themselfs to be honest i will keep ordering from them i have no complaints about them if nything i say trust the site and if like me youll keep shopping there.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:43 am Reply with quote
I used to order from DDD, but after spending 3 weeks after the release date waiting for a Yu Yu Hakusho disc to be delivered (one that I pre-ordered for my wife), I no longer use them unless I have to. It seems the disc was back-ordered and they never thought to let me know (on a new-release nonetheless).

Plus when I got it the cover had a large razor-blade slash across it that bit not only the plastic but the paper as well. And most of the little spokes in the center that hold the disc in place were broken off and let the disc slide all over in shipping, it was barely playable from all the scratches. When I tried to get them to replace it, they were going to charge me for not only shipping it back to them but then pay for the shipping to return it to me, even though the original shipping had been free.

So yeah, their customer service department really sucks, but if you don't have to deal with them and are lucky enough to get a undamaged disc, it's a great deal. Personally though, I use Best Prices, they've got low prices and great customer service. I usually get things within a couple of days and have yet to receive a damaged disc.
PlayBoi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:42 am Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:

thanks for tha site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4