• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Third Season of NHK's Ani-Kuri Shorts Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
They are all so good this time around. If I had to pick a weak link though, I would have to say it was Mahiro Maeda's short. However, since that one is called/or is a "wordplay" it is no wonder why I didn't get it.

Anyway this really get me excited about watching anime! Which is I guess what they are designed for. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say that Maeda's short was the weakest one. It's a parody on anime in general and as something like this it is just awesome.

I liked Maeda's and Shinkai's ones best. I would have never thought that Shinkai could produce something entertaining apart from his neverending monologues.

Does anybody understand the message behind Mr. Arias' movie? Shall it just depict a peaceful world where battle robots and children can play together or is there a deeper meaning?
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
how do you get to the fifth one? i can only access four.

EDIT nevermind. the one with the building made me laugh.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Those are some sweet mecha. Cool Been a while since I could say that about an anime.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quote
I never would have thought I'd be able to enjoy anime despite not being able to understand the dialogue, but these were just great. I too liked Maeda's and Shinkai's shorts the best. Kon's short was pretty neat too, as was Kawamori's. Arias' short, on the other hand, was the odd one out. I didn't get that one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
*watanuki*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
yes, the fact is they don't need subs, they're perfect the way they are. I found Ani*Kuri was getting better and better : this third season is way more interssting than the first. Surely it was on purpose, gathering Kon, Shinkai and the others in one season was just too good to be true Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1