• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
To Love Ru ~Trouble~

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAnimeJudge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
To Love-Ru

spoiler[hmm not sure if anyone started a topic of TLR.. o.o.. OH WELL]
Seems like the popular manga is finnaly close to releasing its new debut =D!! Well it should be out in a couple days! It's a good manga =O, relatively the storyline in the manga goes no where what-so-ever, but what draws me is the interesting relationship between the main charecter Rito and his Alien "GF?" Lala =O!
What bothers me is that, the anime coming out might turn out bad, because of the random and long ever-going storyline in the manga, which is relatively funny at times Anime exclamation. Well i seriously pray that it won't stink as much because the manga is a fun-to-read >D!
Another thing is... Yami-chan.. =O... blonde assasin... golden DARKNESS??? i mean... it reminds me of EVE from BLACK CAT, im sure anyone who has read ToLoveRu and watched/read Black Cat has noticed that... Such a steal... >o>.. but, USO! Yami and eve's personalities sort of trade, IS THAT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE??? >O>... I sort of think Lala's personality is typical of any alien "to be known in OTAKU-ish reasons" a bit obvious and blank, but it has it sore side, when it comes to TORTURING the dude of the whole gag =D RITO, yeah, i sort of disdain over the same thing happening in a couple animes.. CUT HIM SUM SLACK WILL YAH?!?!?
Anyway, hope sum people eventually seek into the anime, AND FOR GOD SAKES MAKE THIS ONE GOOD >O>!!! RitoXLala? RitoXHaruna? RitoXRun (We know it will never work...)? RitoXYami (o.o... D: USO?)? well find out, watch the anime, show ur regards =D!
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:39 am Reply with quote
I assure you that you will not find out who Rito ends up with in the anime version unless the anime is going to be running until the manga finishes. 26 episodes ='s open ending 100%.
Shampola

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote
This ToLoveRu seem like an interesting series. i look forward on seeing the anime. For me. the anime comes first and then, if it's good, go a step further in the "good stuff" which it would be the manga. I decided to post a reply cause of the comparison on BlackCat's EVE and this Yami-chan. I, as someone aspiring to one day fit in this world of entertainment, have to point some things out. Indeed, it could have been a "steal" of character as you suppose, yet think about this: Is there really anything that hasn't been done before? all the good ideas have been taken already and i exhort anyone to step up to the challenge and make something totally new. In the aspect of light and darkness, ying-yang; gold in darkness is very common now a days. Even the most fearsome monsters and antagonists are the main attractions of series. With this said i just want people to take in consideration this fact and don't look down on some character just cause it looks like a copy of one you love, but give it a chance "because" it resembles him. Not like I'm implying thats the case here, mind me say...
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote
To Love Ru is by the same manga artist as Black Cat, so, yeah, similarities. Like how Plu is in Fair Tale, and Anna is in several of Takei's series.
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
From what I've seen most Black Cat/Eve fans love Yami... and how could you not!
suchibu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
is it just me or is LALA so far just a retarded version of moka from rosario?(personality wise)
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
The thing with Lala is that she isn't dumb, she's probably the smartest character in the series, she's just uncomplicated and doesn't understand Earth culture very well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1