• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hai Fidelity: abingdon boys school

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:18 am Reply with quote
Interesting review. While I agree the album could do with more variety. I find that the review was lacking detail. I'm not sure but it just didn't come across as well as the first (L'Arc~en~Ciel's "KISS"). Anyways, I love the album, and rebirth+Reverse is quite an interesting song. I love when the violenes get into it for the second half. To be honest, the song really does drim with that old T.M.R. charm yet it was also very nice because it was rather different.

Additionally, I love Lost Reason, and Howling (particularly the chorus), they both get me hyped up! Very Happy
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quote
Methinks the article's title and description have some wee little spelling errors...

Article Title wrote:
Hai Fidelity: abington boys school

Article Description wrote:
Rachael takes us on a trip through TM Revolution's side project, abington boys school.

Yet right in the article, the very first line spells it right.

Article Body wrote:
Almost a full year after the announcement of their official debut, abingdon boys school finally released their first full-length album.

Either way, well done and great group to expose to those who hadn't heard of them yet. Keep up the good work.
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote
Yey~ abs!

I agree, I can't listen to that album the whole way through, so many of the songs sound the same =_=' but it's still nice. I could listen to Howling all day long.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Methinks the article's title and description have some wee little spelling errors...

Article Title wrote:
Hai Fidelity: abington boys school

Article Description wrote:
Rachael takes us on a trip through TM Revolution's side project, abington boys school.

Yet right in the article, the very first line spells it right.

Article Body wrote:
Almost a full year after the announcement of their official debut, abingdon boys school finally released their first full-length album.

Either way, well done and great group to expose to those who hadn't heard of them yet. Keep up the good work.

That would be entirely my fault. Apologies, fixing it now.
Flame-X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
Howling had the most awesome jrock riffs.
Morrigansan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
For a while there, I was sort of addicted to the abs version of Dress. This is coming from a Buck-Tick fan.

Micro is on Lost Reason? That's enough reason to buy the album right there, if I wasn't already for abs.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
i imported the album when it was first released. I really liked all the songs and can listen to it from start to finish and always have a good time. TMR's singing has always been on the unique side anyway and it really shines with the rock themes instead of his typical pop songs.

Its a shame he has gone back solo because I would have loved another ABS album sometime this year.
SonGokuGT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome news! It's good to see that they have a CD out. I've enjoyed their work on Darker Than Black and D. Gray-man and have been looking for more of their material. This will be a definite purchase for me!
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
i imported the album when it was first released. I really liked all the songs and can listen to it from start to finish and always have a good time. TMR's singing has always been on the unique side anyway and it really shines with the rock themes instead of his typical pop songs.

Its a shame he has gone back solo because I would have loved another ABS album sometime this year.

Has he really? That was sort of unexpected. I thought he'd continue with the band for at least one more album. They did release their fourth single "BLADE CHORD", which in itself and the B-side "Desert Rose" were great songs. I really hope we get another A.B.S. album though.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote
Full Metal, yea he's back to being solo again. He took on ABS as a 10th Anniversary project and he was satisfied with the outcome so I guess it was time to move on. But maybe he wil go back to it eventually because I think they sold pretty decent.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:40 am Reply with quote
I love this album. <3 I used to be able to listen to it all the way through over and over, but now I usually get about halfway and then listen to the rest later. Still love it though, and I bought it on the first day of release here!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raoh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Full Metal, yea he's back to being solo again. He took on ABS as a 10th Anniversary project and he was satisfied with the outcome so I guess it was time to move on. But maybe he wil go back to it eventually because I think they sold pretty decent.

Thats not completely true.

While he is returning this year as TMR, he never stated he was finished with ABS. He's returning as TMR because he believes his fans are sad at the lack of new TMR material.

The ABS album did sell well, so theres really no reason to assume that he's done with ABS, just because he is returning as TMR this year.

Alot of artist do solo stuff and band stuff. This is true for many nationalities (A similar misconception could be seen when Serj Tankian released a solo album, alot of people believe he had left System of a Down, he did not).

Unless he specifically states he is done with ABS, please do not assume otherwise. Besides, he formed the band back in 2005. It's already been about three years they've been around, so I think they can continue.
geishageek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I never said he would never get them back together, just that he was done with them for now and going back solo. You read between the lines of what I said.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1