• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Movie to be Announced in Newtype Mag

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Regarding the ending being cheesy or not: spoiler[ I suppose the heart with Renton and Eureka's names in it carved on the moon might seem a bit much for some people. I didn't find it so when watching the series, but I remember one person mentioning it in a comment though.]

It makes perfect sense to me: when you're sixteen years old, and if you have the power, and if you're really head-over-heels for someone, you do stupid shit like that.

I don't have a problem with the happy ending, even though there's a bit of deus ex machina in there. The thing some people are leery of is that Eureka Seven had a plotline that, especially in the last few episodes, tended towards the melancholic. And while you can do an upbeat ending after that, it's difficult to do right and easy to slip off and do wrong. I think they pulled it off, but I suppose some people disagree.
Matt122004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Ok, after reviewing the info on the forums and ANN.

I can officially say.... that the Eureka Seven Forums actually broke the newtype announcement "1 DAY" before ANN did.

The forums have come a long way, thanks to the hardcore Eureka Seven fans. Smile

Anyways, I do thank ANN for confirming the information as a second source.

-Matt Smile
VLOXY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Matt122004 wrote:
Ok, after reviewing the info on the forums and ANN.

I can officially say.... that the Eureka Seven Forums actually broke the newtype announcement "1 DAY" before ANN did.

The forums have come a long way, thanks to the hardcore Eureka Seven fans. Smile

Anyways, I do thank ANN for confirming the information as a second source.

-Matt Smile

Matt....dude...relax...I have seen your tracks in so many forums it is starting to make me crack up with laughter... Wink

Yes we have a wonderful forum with a lot of fans and intelligent conversation.

But, we are not a competeing news organization. We are just a passionate people about Eureka Seven who were given some information slightly before it was made public. Which at the time seemed false.

I again implore ANN to doublecheck the information as opposed to relying on 2chan. Yes, 2chan is a wonderful source and it is often accurate, but ANN should be able to have the connections to verify the rumor. Nothing more. It won't spoil the magazine release, it will only stop the rampant back and forth of what happened when.

Since ANN is the MOST TRUSTED, this should not be a problem...
Matt122004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Were not competing....but when it comes to Eureka Seven, the goal is to get the info faster than anyone, and we proved it with this. Laughing

Anyways, yea, NewType comes out tommarow in Japan, so as soon as it does, we'll have all the confirmation we need.

-Matt Smile
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Eureka Seven had a plotline that, especially in the last few episodes, tended towards the melancholic.

And the melodramatic. Yeah, I accepted the above mentioned part as being just another thing in the show. The ending didn't strike me as being any more cheesy than a lot of the other scenes.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
This seems like it will be an original story with an alternate E7 universe. Same characters of course. I wouldn't mind a sequel or a rehash but that's only because I'm a huge fangirl for this series.

I'd be interested in something like that.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Xenofan 29A wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Eureka Seven had a plotline that, especially in the last few episodes, tended towards the melancholic.

And the melodramatic. Yeah, I accepted the above mentioned part as being just another thing in the show. The ending didn't strike me as being any more cheesy than a lot of the other scenes.

It's a "boy with a robot" anime, it HAS to have a completely over the top happy ending (or at least it should).

The idea of an alternate storyline is almost depressing to a hardcore E7 fan like myself.

Ep 48 and 50 were some of the best anime in years, imo.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
It's a "boy with a robot" anime, it HAS to have a completely over the top happy ending (or at least it should).

Tell that to Tomino. Unless, of course, we're limiting this to Super Robot titles only. (But I would argue that Eureka Seven lies somewhere inbetween, albeit more to the Super than Real side of things.)
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I would argue it's more of a drama than a mecha series. The mecha element is there, yes, but it's not really the focus so much as the dramatic storyline and the romance is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:24 pm Reply with quote
And the series certainly had some pretty sad and depressing parts during it, like spoiler[when Charlies and Ray died.]

Not to mention the entire tone of the series during certain episodes was kind of sad. It's kind of nice though, because going into the end of the series I didn't have any real idea whether it would have a happy or sad ending or not, or something in between. Made the final episodes that much more tense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4