• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Itazura na Kiss.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool3865

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
so i just got done watching ep.12

spoiler[we get introduced to a new girl Christian Robbinson, Irie agrees to see her for a marriage interview that would help his dad's co.]

i agree tho, spoiler[the english part]is horrible, it almost killed the whole episode.

spoiler[now that Kotoko and Kin had their first date he asks her to marry him!?!? (kinda fast dont you think??)]

there are alot of cliches in this episode and you have to watch it with an open mind and remembering that this started it all. im kinda curious to see what ep.13 Period of Love will be like but now its starting to become a never ending loop.
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote
... Is it just me, or did episode 13 really kick things up a notch?

I've been watching the series, semi-interested because it's a bit of light entertainment... But due to whatever factors, I found ep. 13 genuinely engrossing. The comedy was played down and it got to the heart of the matter, I think.

Either way, it's re-ignited my interest for the series and it looks like I'll be enjoying this one for a good while yet! Very Happy
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to seeing ep 13, after what the fansub group has said about it. I waited for them to re-release it though, since they had issues with the timing originally.
LKK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:
... Is it just me, or did episode 13 really kick things up a notch?

I've been watching the series, semi-interested because it's a bit of light entertainment... But due to whatever factors, I found ep. 13 genuinely engrossing. The comedy was played down and it got to the heart of the matter, I think.

Episode 13 made me cry. I could feel Kotoko's pain that strongly. It's been a while since I cried while watching anime. I certainly wasn't expecting Itazura na Kiss to be the next series to make me cry.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quote
I've seen the episode now. I didn't love it as much as I thought I might have, but it was still good. Also, I am surprised that spoiler[Irie actually was the one to kiss Kotoko in the woods...I had thought, from his reaction, that Yuki was the one who did it].

I hope that they explore spoiler[Irie growing to like/love Kotoko some more, because right now it's coming a bit out of left field. I mean, we knew that he cared for her, but I didn't realize it was this much until now (though obviously it was going to eventually happen)]
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote
The feeling I get from Irie is that his whole life, things have gone well for him. He can pretty much do whatever he wants, and people have fawned over him and things have run 'smoothly'. Kotoko would not fit into this bracket because she tends to bring chaos through one mishap after another. In this way, she's like the Yin to Irie's Yang, if you know what I mean? We've heard him say his life is more interesting with her around, and it wasn't up til he heard Kin had proposed that he realised just how much he cared for her. I wouldn't say it's come out of left field, because the change in his attitude towards her from episode 1-13 is plain to see. He still makes snide remarks and makes her feel small, but I'd put that down to him not knowing how to treat her otherwise... In Irie's twisted way, that's how he shows his affection.

Of course, I'm not making any major revelations here, all this is blatantly obvious. He cares for her as much as he does because she's an unknown factor, the only thing in his life he can't just breeze through, and that fascinates him.
retty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
I liked that episode, i thought it was pretty well done. Unfortunately, if it's anything like the manga spoiler[(things will probably go a bit downhill from here).] Can't wait to see the next episode though.
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
wow this episode was good, who knew that it was spoiler[actually Irie that kissed her in the forest]

but yea i was at work so i couldnt show too much emotion, but man one of the few animes that i actually sympothize with a charecter (kotoko)
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:
it wasn't up til he heard Kin had proposed that he realised just how much he cared for her. I wouldn't say it's come out of left field, because the change in his attitude towards her from episode 1-13 is plain to see. He still makes snide remarks and makes her feel small, but I'd put that down to him not knowing how to treat her otherwise... In Irie's twisted way, that's how he shows his affection.

I agree that he's proven that he cares about her, but it never really was in a romantic way. And the spoiler[proposal happened after the kiss...we haven't actually seen Irie do much after finding out about it.]
darkraven2000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote
Guys episode 14's out (raw)
Lol you will NOT believe what happened.

Anyway if you REALLY want to know what happened check out this site
http://www.minaidehazukashii.com/hinano/2008/07/10/itazura-na-kiss-14/
There will obviously be spoilers[/spoiler]
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quote
I'd fallen a bit behind, but I caught up to episode 14 last night.

Wow. So much story progressing in such a short span. Shocked Whike it felt a bit rushed, I honestly did not see a lot of that coming. Well, so soon anyway. That said, I really thought that the series was going to end there for a second, but it apparently there's still more shenanigans to come. Hopefully that means we'll get more of the delightfully awkward Engrish dialogue.

Oh, and I love the new closer. It features SEAMO! Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:24 am Reply with quote
Wow, episode 14 sure packed a punch.

I can hardly believe how fast things are going, but I'm actually really excited about it. Plus spoiler[even though things were going fast I think the engagement/wedding and all other events were actually handled quite well. The wedding ceremony especially struck a chord with me, because I just recently was a bridesmaid when one of my best friends got married.]

The best thing about this episode however, IMO, is the fact that it ISN'T the last one. spoiler[So many shoujo anime end with the "they got married and lived happily ever after" that it's really refreshing to see a series show that life after the wedding also exists!]
darkraven2000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Wow, episode 14 sure packed a punch.

spoiler[So many shoujo anime end with the "they got married and lived happily ever after" that it's really refreshing to see a series show that life after the wedding also exists!]

Lol. I agree in the sense that many anime do that- but there are some that dont :Kare kano/Bokura ga Ita/Lovely complex
These are the only ones that i remember that dont do this cliche.

Anyhow, its going to be interesting to see what happens now spoiler[that they're married.]
Hopefully they'll keep up the good work, rewatched ep 14 2 times.
cool3865

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote
yes episode 14 was a good one, it felt rushed but in a good way.

episode 15 spoiler[has them going to Hawaii for their honeymoon]

there they meet spoiler[marie (along with more wierd english dialoge) who tries to get them to break up. Mainly do to that she likes Irie alot.]

i wouldnt say it was the best one but its nice to see an anime that doesnt fall into the romantic/comedy cliche.
Feniks9174

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I really didn't see all of that coming. Maybe it was just that so much happened in one episode that I was half-expecting the episode to end with a big "Just Kidding" or spoiler[for Irie to pull out a "I'm marrying you for some other reason and I still can't stand you". I think more of a dating period or more time with Irie coming to terms with his feelings would have helped].

Also, it could have been Kotoko's natural tendency for humiliation that made me weary of the whole thing. Besides, every girl I've ever known would have, at some point, taken a step back and said "Wait, what the heck is going on?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10