• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: First Major Baseball Anime Film's Trailers Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so the rumors about it being how Goro had to switch to being a left were true. Well, I think it'll be awesome seeing some more Mifune vs Yokohama Little League baseball ^^
GB3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this is better than Oofuri...
Wooga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quote
I thought this was playing, I guess I was wrong. I already have one of the mini-movie posters things for it. One of the players is black and has dreadlocks, which is a nice detail.
I dont know how good it will be, but I have seen the series on TV and to be honest, it seemed pretty boring. Actually it was the first anime I saw in Japan , and I still couldn't watch it all. Rolling Eyes
Araki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote
Major is everything but boring. Perfect mix of great characters, plot and sports, which isn't something you usually see in this kind of manga/anime series.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
GB3 wrote:
I wonder if this is better than Oofuri...
I read the first few volumes of Oofuri and I wasn't nearly impressed as I was by the first six episodes of Major. I don't know how much Oofuri improves later on, but I can't say I really got into the story of Oofuri as I did with Major.

And considering just how Major starts with Goro when he was merely six years old or so and animates Little League, middle school, high school, and now with him on a AA team (minor leagues) here in America, I could easily say that Major has so much more depth to the story as well as its characters.

Oh, and that's also awesome about Major, the characters around Goro also develop! Whether they were clueless about baseball like Toshiya, or they thought they were a hotshot who was better than everyone else like Taiga, or even the American Major League pitcher Joe Gibson completely changes how he feels about certain things after his paths cross with young Goro Honda.

So, yes, I could easily say that in my opinion, Major is better than what I read of Oofuri.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
Major is everything but boring.

Well, I didn't really understand the dialogue. Embarassed
that's probably why
GB3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I read the first few volumes of Oofuri and I wasn't nearly impressed as I was by the first six episodes of Major. I don't know how much Oofuri improves later on, but I can't say I really got into the story of Oofuri as I did with Major.

And considering just how Major starts with Goro when he was merely six years old or so and animates Little League, middle school, high school, and now with him on a AA team (minor leagues) here in America, I could easily say that Major has so much more depth to the story as well as its characters.

Oh, and that's also awesome about Major, the characters around Goro also develop! Whether they were clueless about baseball like Toshiya, or they thought they were a hotshot who was better than everyone else like Taiga, or even the American Major League pitcher Joe Gibson completely changes how he feels about certain things after his paths cross with young Goro Honda.

So, yes, I could easily say that in my opinion, Major is better than what I read of Oofuri.

Okay, i see... From what you said, i have to agree with you, it is more intense than Oofuri. Also, Oofuri is a really short series, and i doubt there's gonna be a second season. Major's story is not a thin one, like Oofuri, it's a big but more interesting story, so i might start on reading/watching Major now...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1