• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 19 - 25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emory

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote
"Apparently, there is a mild bit of discussion going on over the censorship of this show: One of the main characters is having her once-ample cleavage digitally reduced in every scene."

Well the show thought it was completely appropriate to give big breasts to a ten-year-old and to have her flaunt them. I can't blame the censors much on this one.
Mr. Anobe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
But, G4TechTV is showing anime shows on Anime Current! Probably.

Unfortunately, it's seems that the "Geneon saga" has finally come to an end with G4 as there is no more anime on the Anime Current...such a shame.

What's worst is that we're almost getting into reruns of other shows, mostly YTV's...so as far as anime on Canada as concern, we're just lucky that IFC Canada and that tiny little supporter in the satellite community called Superchannel are still showing different anime even if YTV is bringing Death Note reruns?? Shocked

But I feel some sense of optimism that we get some more anime, not right away but someday.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I was strapped in an uncomfortable, splintery chair in a dark room with only a tiny, pale light shining down upon a big metal bowl in my lap. In as painful and graphic way as possible, each one of my teeth was separately plucked from my mouth, tossed into the bowl, and then were blended into a thick, boney milkshake, which I was then forced to drink. I was forced to drink a milkshake made of my own teeth.

Well...At least it wasn't something you have to chew...cause that would be tough with no teeth right?
billyarnie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:42 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Well the show thought it was completely appropriate to give big breasts to a ten-year-old and to have her flaunt them. I can't blame the censors much on this one.

10 year-old?! I saw the 1st episode & I thought she was at least 18... well, she sounded like that. That's Lindsey Lohan/Olsen Twins age. Also, I don't remember them eye-putting out big...

Wait a minute? Are you talking about the oldest one with the pirate scarf on her head, or are you talking about the Bulma wanna-be? Well, unless she's an early bloomer, then Yes... digital breast reduction is appropriate. Wink

Added: BTW, Brian, not all of us on the Adult Swim boards are immature freaks that flame anyone they disagree with. There are literate posters who think before they write & they are here at the ANN forum as well. So think before you write, OK? Thank you... you st00pid f*ck! i pwn joo... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote
billyarnie wrote:
emory wrote:

Wait a minute? Are you talking about the oldest one with the pirate scarf on her head, or are you talking about the Bulma wanna-be? Well, unless she's an early bloomer, then Yes... digital breast reduction is appropriate. Wink

Err... No...

This is Bouquet, who is an anime only character. There is ALOT of content problems surrounding her, from her chest moving, to her top having wardrobe malfuctions, to her stripping nude, and the other characters complaining about her chest size.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
This is Bouquet, who is an anime only character. There are a LOT of content problems surrounding her, from her chest moving, to her top having wardrobe malfuctions, to her stripping nude, and the other characters complaining about her chest size.

So what I'm hearing is that CN has finally made a play to get people to actually watch their network before 9pm?
Quote:
I certainly hope they've hired the man responsible for doing the same thing to Lindsay Lohan's breasts in the awful Herbie remake a few years ago.

Eventually got around to watching it simply to see what the fuss was about, like there was any other reason to watch this dretch, and thought the effect was as believable as Amanda Bynes in drag.
Quote:
*cookies not guaranteed to actually be given to anyone, anywhere; the author assumes all rights towards the eating, however selfish, of all cookies. cookies may not actually be made of edible materials. parental discretion advised

Well, at least he still pays out if the episodes are wrong or not on time.
Quote:
could buy some kind of satellite to receive it here in The Desert, America?

Which still comes in at under half the size anyone needs to get a decent lock with an American provider.
Quote:
personally I would rather watch three hours of Bea Arthur doing nude jumping jacks

... ...

yeah, ya know what, just to be safe, I'm going to go set the DVR to record Psychic Wars now.

And on that horrifingly disturbing thought (kinda puts tooth milkshakes into perspective on what a nightmare really is,) I leave you with a preview of next week's Digimon: Short on parts, the Data Squad is forced to adventure to a back alley store and buy a bag of chips with a credit card.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Either you forgot it, or Witchblade's not airing next week. I do hope it'll be on, I'm in too deep to stop now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Anobe wrote:
YTV is bringing Death Note reruns??

No, they're not. The show is continuing its first run. What made you think it wasn't?
Speedyt33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote
TheVok wrote:
Mr. Anobe wrote:
YTV is bringing Death Note reruns??

No, they're not. The show is continuing its first run. What made you think it wasn't?

I think he meant "if" YTV is bringing repeats of Death Note we still have IFC and Superchannel, because many people believe that Death Note will go into reruns after the 26th episode like Bleach did. Which would just be terrible...

RogueJedi86 wrote:
Either you forgot it, or Witchblade's not airing next week. I do hope it'll be on, I'm in too deep to stop now.

Witchblade was in the repeat section:
Witchblade
(IFC)
-Fri Apr 25 11:40pm - Episode 2 "Confusion" (Repeats Sat Apr 26 2:30am)

And the Gundam SEED Destiny repeat is episode 4
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Speedyt33 wrote:

RogueJedi86 wrote:

Witchblade was in the repeat section:
Witchblade
(IFC)
-Fri Apr 25 11:40pm - Episode 2 "Confusion" (Repeats Sat Apr 26 2:30am)

And the Gundam SEED Destiny repeat is episode 4

That's odd, since IFC's schedule mentions that Episode 16 aired yesterday, and Episode 17 will air next week. Did anybody check it out yesterday? Confused

& as for Anime Current, I take it that they're not even repeating Black Lagoon? That's a little sad. Sad

In terms of new episodes, that leaves us Canadians with:

- Naruto (fillers coming soon)
- Death Note
- Street Fighter II: V
- Noein & Tactics on Superchannel (for whoever that has it)
- The kid shows that most people don't care about (Pokemon: D/P, YGO GX, Bakugan)

Wow, that's not much, compared to even just a few months ago.

BTW, does anybody know where Superchannel is at in regards to
Noein and Tactics?
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
SuperChannel was also airing Tokko, I believe ....
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote
TheVok wrote:
SuperChannel was also airing Tokko, I believe ....

Yes, but the initial run should've been completed by now, so it's not necessarily "new," in that sense.

And to answer your question to me in last week's The Click Talkback thread, Crayon Shin-chan finished its initial run back in December, and is in repeats right now. So it's been a few months since a new episode. I don't know if you've already found out the answer to that since then, but I felt that I had to answer regardless. Razz
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Miyazaki's Lupin movie, the Castle of Cagliostro will be shown on Encore WAM, Encore Action, and moviePLEX at the following times:

Encore WAM:

April 21 at 5:45 AM
April 30 at 1:30 AM and 9:20 AM

Encore Action:

May 1 at 6:20 PM

moviePLEX:

May 1 at 7:20 PM
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
You forgot to mention Psychic Wars. And Tokko doesn't start again on Sci-fi until next week. Not that I care. Once was more than enough for that waste of ink, paint, cells, and other animation equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mohji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
This week, SuperChannel aired episodes 22-23 of Tactics and episode 22 of Noein. And I believe they're going to re-air Tokko sometime in May.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1