Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kare Kano's Tsuda to Start New Chotto Edo Made Manga




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tsukikage



Joined: 31 Aug 2002
Posts: 68
Location: Champaign, IL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, this actually sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can't get my hands on the tankoubon when they come out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yukinosama



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
This does sound interesting! I love Kare Kano (I've reread it so many times) so I'm confident that Tsuda will create something great!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teriyaki Terrier



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5689

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I might check this series out if this series isn't shojo. Looks interesting none the less though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9542
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I might check this series out if this series isn't shojo.

It is. Yet why does that matter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Orange_Popsicle



Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I'll definatly be reading this.

I LOVE Kare Kano, it's one of my favorites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teriyaki Terrier



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5689

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I might check this series out if this series isn't shojo.

It is. Yet why does that matter?


Without offending anyone, I really can't give an honest answer. I don't like shojo, that is why I probably would not read this series.

I don't want to offend anyone, so I'll leave this matter at that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ligene



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 137
Location: Mary-land!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quote
Sound's interesting enough, and if it's Tsuda it's bound to be good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Manga
lys



Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Posts: 472
Location: mitten-state

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
I love Tsuda-sensei~ And this premise sounds great, with two high-class protagonists (rather than some sort of rich-boy/poor-girl setup common in a lot of shoujo)... That actually reminds me a little of Kare Kano, where the main characters were at the top of their class. Historical settings are fun too. I loved the sense of humour in Kare Kano so I'm sure I will enjoy this. I can't wait!

To Teriyaki: I know that Kare Kano, though shoujo, has a lot of popularity with male and female readers alike. If you're determined not to like any shoujo ever, then that's that (though I love shoujo manga myself, I understand it isn't for everyone). But I do think that Tsuda has the talent to go beyond those kinds of boundaries and create an overall great manga for almost any reader.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teriyaki Terrier



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5689

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
I love Tsuda-sensei~ And this premise sounds great, with two high-class protagonists (rather than some sort of rich-boy/poor-girl setup common in a lot of shoujo)... That actually reminds me a little of Kare Kano, where the main characters were at the top of their class. Historical settings are fun too. I loved the sense of humour in Kare Kano so I'm sure I will enjoy this. I can't wait!

To Teriyaki: I know that Kare Kano, though shoujo, has a lot of popularity with male and female readers alike. If you're determined not to like any shoujo ever, then that's that (though I love shoujo manga myself, I understand it isn't for everyone). But I do think that Tsuda has the talent to go beyond those kinds of boundaries and create an overall great manga for almost any reader.


With all due respect, I do understand where you are coming from. I've tried reading and watching shojo series, but I simply did not like them. I've watched and read Fruit's Baskets and thought this series was alright, but not as great as some of the shonen jump series I tend to read.

In my personal option, the best romance/comedy series I've read are;

1. Ah My Goddess, though the anime is much better.
2. Love Hina, Although the manga was much better than the anime, the anime was also pretty excellent.

3. Ai Yori Aoshi, the manga provided events the anime didn't include, but overall the anime wasn't to bad.

4. World Of Narue, I haven't read the manga, but the anime is well made.

5. Karin/Chibi Vampire, while I will never understand why Tokyopop re-named Karin Chibi Vampire, both the manga and anime have there strong points. The anime had an excellent theme song, excellent dub and overall story. Whereas the manga picks up after the anime ends. I really do enjoy the manga, so I'd say the manga is slightly more interesting.

Most of the time I read shonen series so that is why I really don't like shojo series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZODDGUTS



Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Posts: 420

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote
Hopefully the middle part of the series doesn't suck like it did with Kare Kano god that was a chore to read through. Good thing the series picked up again in the final part of the story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jose_Mari



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Hopefully the middle part of the series doesn't suck like it did with Kare Kano god that was a chore to read through. Good thing the series picked up again in the final part of the story.
Sure it sucked? IMO the second part was the best by far.

I will check this manga out. With Tsuda, it really interests me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UtenaAnthy



Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 688

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
5. Karin/Chibi Vampire, while I will never understand why Tokyopop re-named Karin Chibi Vampire, both the manga and anime have there strong points. The anime had an excellent theme song, excellent dub and overall story. Whereas the manga picks up after the anime ends. I really do enjoy the manga, so I'd say the manga is slightly more interesting.

Most of the time I read shonen series so that is why I really don't like shojo series.


I thought we'd have similar tastes after Chi's Sweet Home...

I do, however, love what little I've seen of Karin, the OP is very dynamic, the animation is good and the story is interesting with an excellent twist on the vampire myth, Karin is a great character.

I will honestly probably wait to see if this gets turned into an animation, though I would like to read the manga as well. I have not read Kare Kano (or any of Masami Tsuda's other work), but I have seen and very much enjoyed His and Her Circumstances (one of the series that started my current love of animation).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group