• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A question about Trinity Blood novels.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I have been reading these, as well as the manga, and I also own the anime. I was wondering if the novels offered some sort of concrete conclusion, I had read somewhere that the author had passed away before he could complete the story, is this true, and if so, did someone else finish writing it ? Perhaps an assistant or someone ?
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
In all honesty, I am not certain myself. I did hear, however, that the author was only unable to complete one final novel, which was completed by a colleague. So I think the series is complete. But don't quote me on that!

If someone else knows better please post it. I would love a concrete answer myself. (Instead of the possible rumor I know of.)
kitsuneharu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
The released novels are Ram 1-6 and Rom 1-6. There is a prologue for the beginning of volume 7 of Rom along with the continuation of that storyline from the late author's notes in the trinity blood canon book, which is yet to be released in English. The canon establishes what would have happended after the anime. I can not wait for the canon bible to come out because it offers tons of information and back story on the series that makes it even more interesting. spoiler[It is somewhat speculated that the author writing the manga will write the conclusion after the manga captures up to the novels.] spoiler[there is no conclusive ending between Cain and Abel. Many of your favorite characters die, and a final fight takes place, but who won was not written.]
kitsuneharu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
The released novels are Ram 1-6 and Rom 1-6. There is a prologue for the beginning of volume 7 of Rom along with the continuation of that storyline from the late author's notes in the trinity blood canon book, which is yet to be released in English. The canon establishes what would have happended after the anime. I can not wait for the canon bible to come out because it offers tons of information and back story on the series that makes it even more interesting. spoiler[It is somewhat speculated that the author writing the manga will write the conclusion after the manga captures up to the novels.] spoiler[there is no conclusive ending between Cain and Abel. Many of your favorite characters die, and a final fight takes place, but who won was not written.]
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote from kitsuneharu (the stupid quote thing isn't working urgh):
spoiler[ there is no conclusive ending between Cain and Abel. Many of your favorite characters die, and a final fight takes place, but who won was not written. ]

Aww, that sucks, but oddly enough seems to fit.
spoiler[ Especially considering the anime ending. ]

Thanks for the info. As I stated I wasn't sure - so this helps a lot!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1