• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Monkey High GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I agree, the mismatched pairing in MH is definitely one of the highlights in this volume and in the shoujo crowd. Wink
KairuRoukan

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote
The review was good enough to warrant a blind purchase from me, hopefully I won't be disappointed.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I kind of liked the preview in SB, but I'm not a fan of One Piece, and putting Luffy in a Shojo manga seems kind of weird. I might consider it down the line, though, along with S*A.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I was planning to make a thread for this.

I pretty much agree with the review although for me I'd rated it "A" for its content.

The main characters are a great change, Machuru is not your typical popular guy that every girl in school adored. I find Haruna great for falling in love with [a baby monkey (well in her opinion)] an ordinary guy. So far the story was refreshing, hopefully you guys can enjoy it as same as me.

I love the part where spoiler[Machuru kissed Haruna (in front of her ex) and she said after she'd runaway that it's her first kiss with him and that she doesn't want to do it on public (or something a long the line). ]

Can't wait for the next volume, I think there are 3 volumes, hopefully it'll be all great! The art is nice reminds me of Hatori's or Fujiwara's Wild Ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1