• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: OVA for Yoshimizu's Lucky Star Greenlit in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
The studio itself does not necessarily make all the decesions about content. The original material as well as the higher ups that own it generally make most of the decisions. It's not like KyoAni's people can just wake up and say "okay, today we'll make Lucky Star with a chainsaw weilding zombie army that kills everyone" or "FMP! needs more hentai action, lets add some!"

While the scenarios of your two imaginary examples are a bit extreme (won't happen in reality), why do most, if not all, mangaka I have either interviewed personally or read reports of their interviews say otherwise? Most of them just say "[The animated version] is not my work anymore... I entrust it to talented people at [animation studio]." Furthermore, a simple Google search could tell you that this author was not too impressed about the adaptation.

Richard J. wrote:
And if we're going to start having a "Kadakowa's an evil corporation" thing going on in this thread, I demand examples and evidence please.

As I wrote in the previous post: such information was obtained from some insider-only sources and not appropriate to be publicized to general public due to various reasons. I do, however, agree that we shall stop discussing this specific topic.

And you'd better apply the underlined part to your own posts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kizzmequik_74

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This news pleases me greatly. This probably means that DVD and merchandising sales were good enough. Excellent.

Actually, as long as they keep things fresh, and not spiral down into serious business territory too much, it'll be great. I'll watch it, anyway.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quote
Someone in that fansub forum posted this:

If I'm reading it correctly, it says that Kyoto Animation will work on this once again. Now let's see if someone can read what the heck the story is going to be about.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
Maybe ask them to get a better scan and then we'll actually be able to confirm it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3