• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Serialized in?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:24 pm Reply with quote
How should we submit the name of the magazine that a particular manga ran in?

Like for instance,

Dance till Tommorow was originally serialized in Big Comic Spirits in Japan and in Pulp over here in America.
Joshua

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Another question. Can we submit manga magazine, like Shonen Jump, Big Comic Original, Pulp, to the Anime Encylopedia. If we can does that just include Japanese magazines or can American ones be included too.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, Joshua, Bravo. You have singlehandedly caused me to realize something that should have been obvious. You see, for some time I have been thinking of adding a Shounen Jump entry to the lexicon, so that articles that mention that magazine could link to that instead of just "Shounen". The only reason I haven't done yet is because I don't have a good article about Shonen Jump. But for some reason it never occured to me to actually add Shounen Jump as a title in the encyclopedia.

It's funny, sometimes, the blind spots one can have concerning an issue. I would *never* have thought of adding Shounen Jump to the encyclopedia, even though we are adding omnibus programs like Anime Complex (and in a way, a magazine if the manga equivalent of an omnibus program)

Of course, Shounen Jump isn't a manga, so I've created a new "magazine" type to join the current types like TV, movie, manga, etc. However, a few details about magazines:

1) a magazine will only be created if at least two manga that exist in the ANN Encyclopedia have been serialized in that magazine (so right now Pulp and Big Comic Spirits are both missing a manga, and Shounen Jump is missing two! Anime smile + sweatdrop)
2) because of that and because of other technical reasons, only staff will have the ability to add magazines to the encyc.
3) we'll do that when someone submits a "magazine serialized in" for a manga. You can do that in the forums or by e-mail or by "other information" if you wish.

How's that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Joshua

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Super Manga Blast:
Shadow Star
3x3 Eyes
What's Michael
Seraphic Feather
Oh My Goddess (lost episodes, 12 chapters skipped when GN where first printed)

Animerica Extra:
Fushigi Yugi
Video Girl Ai
Steam Detectives
X
Short Program
Marionette Generation
Chicago
Maison Ikkoku (lost episodes, cut early chapters)

Big Comic Spirits:
Uzumaki
Maison Ikkoku
Yawara
Happa 64

Big Comic Original:
Master Keaton

Big Comic:
Golgo 13

Big Comic Superior:
Sanctuary

Morning:
Naniwa Kin'yuudo
Silent Service

Shukan Bunshun:
Adolf
Joshua

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Afternoon:
Shadow Star
Oh My Goddess
Seraphic Feather
Parasyte
Exaxxion
Blade of the Immortal
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1