• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wired Reports on Japanese Web, 2ch BBS, Nico Nico Douga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cenorig

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:12 am Reply with quote
A very interesting interview.

It also gives an insight to Nicodou's community, which at least to me is difficult to understand. I learned quite a bit and Nishimura seems an interesting fellow.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote
Though I'm sure a good part of his "bad boy" image is a clever marketing ploy, I do have to respect his innovations. 2ch did more to open up Japanese society than just about anything since Perry's black ships and the nuclear bombs.

-Tofu
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:
2ch did more to open up Japanese society than just about anything since Perry's black ships and the nuclear bombs.

A nice way for foreigners to compare how Japanese truly think of others with or without the protection of anonymity. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jaziek

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Japanese-style geekdom, or otakudom, is a lucrative business in the US now

er...... it is? could've fooled me.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Tofusensei wrote:
2ch did more to open up Japanese society than just about anything since Perry's black ships and the nuclear bombs.

A nice way for foreigners to compare how Japanese truly think of others with or without the protection of anonymity. Twisted Evil

Heh, I visit some Japanese news sites English forums and know these terms well. What they say and what they really mean, without sarcasm. It's like lying but with understanding. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1