• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ GN 4 and 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I just bought and read this last week. Kashimashi is probably one of the best non-shounen tournament series I've read in a while. I completely agree with the review, and am glad that this series got such a good rating.
stevek504

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quote
The series was not bad at all. I saw the anime first and was worried about how the manga would be. In the end, I think that both the anime and the manga versions had good things going for each of them. In the anime I am reminded of a scene where spoiler[the spacecraft appeared and broadcast to the world the information about the tragic accident]. I don't think the manga pulled that off as well as the anime. It wasn't a content thing as much as the capabilities of the medium. On the manga side, there was more room (and time) for character growth, etc. Also, I liked the scene in the manga where spoiler[Hazumu fell into the school pool and was rescued by Jan Pu.] I would have liked to have seen how they would have done this scene in the anime.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
This series was very nice in that it had a staisfying conclusion while leaving you wishing there was more - unlike many series where you end up hoping for them to end because they got dragged out for too long!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1