• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'My Anime' List Comparison

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MintyBreath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
My friends and I frequently ask each other for anime recommendations, and it would be a really convenient feature to be able to compare his "Seen All" anime list with mine to find differences.

Is this an existing feature? If not, it would be greatly appreciated.. Very Happy

P.S. Hopefully this is the right section..
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote
This really belongs in Bugs and Technical Questions, but since no-one has chewed you out over it I wouldn't worry.

You can see like-minded users but you can't single them out. What I mean by this, is that you can see a short list (longer if you subscribe) of the users that most agree with you (and that you agree with them). Useful, but, you only see the stats for people in that list. You cannot choose just any user and compare stats. Which sucks.

FYI, as a normal user I see only the top twenty like-minded users. So unless your friend's tastes are really similar to you in the first place then you're out of luck, sorry to say.

Anyway, the way to do it is rather simple. While in your my anime, look to the right-hand-side of the page and under Organize & Discover you will see a link called See other people's anime lists. It is the bottom-most link in that cluster. Click on that, then click on like-minded which will be the right-hand-most option. Easy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1