• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega's World Destruction Anime Promo Movie Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Okay, admittedly the premise sounds very much like X/1999...but looking at the people who are involved with the project, I don't care about rip-off potential. Two of my favourite seiyuu, Mamoru Miyano and Maya Sakamoto...yep, I'm sold. Plus I do love Nintendo (even if it is still strange that Sega = Nintendo now).

The game sounds like it could be neat too. Hopefully they bring it out in English.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Okay, admittedly the premise sounds very much like X/1999 ....

I also thought it sounded maybe a bit too much like X/1999 when I read the premise. Still, the nice cast and it being from Production I.G is enough to get me interested, even if it is a video game adaptation. I'll certainly be checking this series out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
It looks great. The BGM sounds so sad.

I'm going to check it out too.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Too be honest, this does remind of another video I've read about. The main character had the power to cause major mayhem and his team mates were trying to save the world.

Honestly, I think the game will do well, but I don't know about the anime.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
The BGM sounds so sad.

Yeah, but it sounds like the BGM was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, who is doing the game soundtrack. It's very close to his style.

Anyway, I am REALLY anticipating both the anime and the DS game. I wonder if the voice actors will provide their talents for the game too. And if so, will the R1 release do the same thing?
hara

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quote
I thought I'd check it out because of Prod I.G but once I saw the trailer it all started looking very generic to me. I think I'll pass.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:32 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
I thought I'd check it out because of Prod I.G but once I saw the trailer it all started looking very generic to me. I think I'll pass.

I'm a little disappointed by its rather generic fantasy/RPG look as well. I still think it is worth checking out though since the people involved and the other information I've heard so far make me think it's look may be deceiving.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:53 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Okay, admittedly the premise sounds very much like X/1999...but looking at the people who are involved with the project, I don't care about rip-off potential. Two of my favourite seiyuu, Mamoru Miyano and Maya Sakamoto...yep, I'm sold. Plus I do love Nintendo (even if it is still strange that Sega = Nintendo now).

The game sounds like it could be neat too. Hopefully they bring it out in English.

Same here.It'll be very interesting when it comes,though i hope crap cos like nelvana (After what they did to CCS and Bakugan) and 4kids stay away from getting it's license.Aggreed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TornadoTatsumaki

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:

I have high hopes that the anime adaptation won't be another video game cash in, we all know how they usaully turn out but hopefully Sega can make an exception( much like virgin games did with movie licensed video game titles with "Aladdin" back in 1993)

speaking of SEGA, I bet alot of people in Japan are wondering about thier silence. After all, alot of thier recent software titles are being published and developed in the west rather then in Japan. I know there is alot of speculation in Japan that Sega is preparing to re-enter the console gaming market in a few short years, but even those who'd want to rule this out know that SEGA of Japan is up to something.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
The BGM sounds so sad.

Yeah, but it sounds like the BGM was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, who is doing the game soundtrack. It's very close to his style.

I think it IS by Mitsuda, as it's the same piece used on the official site for the video game. In fact, given the style, I'd be very surprised if it weren't his work. Unfortunately, this means it probably won't be in the anime itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1