Forum - View topic
Hai Fidelity - An Cafe: Gokutama Rock Cafe




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Anath_19



Joined: 07 Jul 2005
Posts: 87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that you reviewed this album, I was going to suggest it but never got around to it. I quite enjoy this album, and I feel you gave a fair grade to most of the songs (though I think I enjoyed Pierce a little bit more than you did, at least). I do have a couple nit-picks though:

Quote:
the band has performed in the United States at A-Kon in Dallas, TX

They actually didn't perform at A-Kon, they just hosted a Q&A session and two autograph sessions. Their first concert in the US was at Fanime '08. (evidence that I'm not just saying whatever I want)

Quote:
Click below for a clip of the song "Marionette"

You might want to change that to "S*B*Y."

Also, a couple suggestions for albums you might want to check out:
Yousei Teikoku - Gothic Lolita Propaganda, Metanoia (gothic techno/rock-ish group, has composed theme songs for anime, and the vocalist is Yui Itsuki)
Mucc - Shion, Best of Mucc (performed ED theme for Zombie Loan, plus their Best of album was released in the US, so it makes for a cheaper purchase)

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing your next review.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Cassandra



Joined: 13 May 2002
Posts: 1356
Location: Birdsboro, PA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:28 am Reply with quote
Anath_19 wrote:


Quote:
the band has performed in the United States at A-Kon in Dallas, TX

They actually didn't perform at A-Kon, they just hosted a Q&A session and two autograph sessions. Their first concert in the US was at Fanime '08. (evidence that I'm not just saying whatever I want)


Ah, my mistake then. I thought I read somewhere that they performed.

Quote:

Quote:
Click below for a clip of the song "Marionette"

You might want to change that to "S*B*Y."


Yeah, that should read "S*B*Y." "Marionette" was the song from the Ayumi Hamasaki column.

Thank you Anime smile I will take your suggestions into consideration!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANBUx3



Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quote
I love An Cafe. They balance the usually dark and heavy songs on my playlists. Their music is just so darn fun.

I second Anath_19. A MUCC review would be cool. And D'espairsRay is still on the list, right? Good column as always! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassandra



Joined: 13 May 2002
Posts: 1356
Location: Birdsboro, PA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote
ANBUx3 wrote:


I second Anath_19. A MUCC review would be cool. And D'espairsRay is still on the list, right? Good column as always! Smile


Yes, D'espairsRay is still on the list. But I shall not tell you when it will be coming up!! Muahahahaha! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anath_19



Joined: 07 Jul 2005
Posts: 87

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
ANBUx3 wrote:


I second Anath_19. A MUCC review would be cool. And D'espairsRay is still on the list, right? Good column as always! Smile


Yes, D'espairsRay is still on the list. But I shall not tell you when it will be coming up!! Muahahahaha! Wink

Wasn't expecting D'espa on the list because of a lack of any connection to anime, but I'm glad to hear you'll be reviewing one of their albums. I love them quite a bit. I'll look forward to seeing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Namia_the_Theif_18



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
i remember readin about them in Shojo Beat. i LIKE them alot, i'm glad that they released a second album and just out of curiosity: has any of their songs been used for an anime yet? their songs can totally make a good opening or ending.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Coriander



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a band I will have to check out! They sound like a good band to listen to for dancing beats and a more uplifting sound.

And they are super cute! Bonus! *grins*

Awesome! Thanks for the great column!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassandra



Joined: 13 May 2002
Posts: 1356
Location: Birdsboro, PA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quote
Anath_19 wrote:

Yes, D'espairsRay is still on the list. But I shall not tell you when it will be coming up!! Muahahahaha! Wink

Wasn't expecting D'espa on the list because of a lack of any connection to anime, but I'm glad to hear you'll be reviewing one of their albums. I love them quite a bit. I'll look forward to seeing it.[/quote]

There will occasionally be non-anime-related bands reviewed - it just won't happen very often.

Namia_the_Theif_18 wrote:
i remember readin about them in Shojo Beat. i LIKE them alot, i'm glad that they released a second album and just out of curiosity: has any of their songs been used for an anime yet? their songs can totally make a good opening or ending.


An Cafe? As I said in the review, “Kakusei Heroism~The Hero Without a “Name”~” was the second theme song for Darker Than BLACK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group