• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Midori Days

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3mapletrees

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quote
The writing in this column made me laugh. Enjoyable read.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
I've only ever watched the anime series, but I loved the hell out of it. One of those shows I checked out simply because of its bizarre premise, but it wound up charming my pants off and is now one of my favorites. Who'da thunk?

I felt the same way. One of my favs. Someday I've got to track down this manga.
JuniorMintKiss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I also have only seen the anime, and it's just one of those shows that you know you shouldn't have, just because the premise for it sounds so...wrong. But it's really good. And the dub outtakes are so funny!

Last edited by JuniorMintKiss on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CBongo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Really liked both the manga and anime. I just wish I could recommend the manga to people without having to qualify it with "provided you don't mind half-naked 12-year-olds".
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I've wanted to watch the anime ever since I watched JesuOtaku's review of it. It's one of those premises that's so ridiculous, you can't help but want to take a look yourself. Very Happy
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:09 am Reply with quote
Ah, poor Ayase, she tries so hard without realizing it is an impossible task. She spoiler[even bluts out a full confession near the end and talks the whole thing through with the MC] which I think is pretty rare for a Third Wheel to do.

Too bad it's been out of print for so long. While a full scanlation exists, according to timestamps my collection is from around 2004 so that may be pretty hard to find as well.
steev-sama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
Midori is one of those few many I can just pick up and start reading. I've read my sets until their spins have weakened to the point they can rip easily.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pezcore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I managed to snag all of the volumes off of amazon, after reading the article. Had to get a few volumes in french though. Its a great series and I'm glad I got a chance to read it all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2