• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Starts Podcast, Announces 1st Ouran Voices

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N15PCA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope I can find the time to listen to another podcast. Shocked
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! I like podcasts, and I like Funimation! Very Happy

Two voices announced for Ouran?! BOUT TIME! *chomp, snatch, grab snippets of info* Too bad they're quite minor roles...

I had to look up who Momoka Kurakano even was, and still had trouble remembering. She should do just fine with that airy character and an airy voice.

If I remember correctly, Toru Suzushima is the ceramics guy in episode two. Fine. Eric Vale's Yuki voice fits that pretty well. He's a monotone character.

Let's hear about some leads next time, Funi! Wink
CakeStealer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quote
C'mon Funi, more updates on Ouran! Sad
Anyways, I'll be happy to listen to their podcast when I find the time.
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:14 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Hooray! I like podcasts, and I like Funimation! Very Happy

Two voices announced for Ouran?! BOUT TIME! *chomp, snatch, grab snippets of info* Too bad they're quite minor roles...

I had to look up who Momoka Kurakano even was, and still had trouble remembering. She should do just fine with that airy character and an airy voice.

If I remember correctly, Toru Suzushima is the ceramics guy in episode two. Fine. Eric Vale's Yuki voice fits that pretty well. He's a monotone character.

Let's hear about some leads next time, Funi! Wink

Yeah same thing here, I didn't even recognize the characters and had to look them up (and still don't remember Laughing ). I don't care about the dub cast, I just want an expected release date and whether it'll be released as singles or sets (sets hopefully after all this time).
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
I just want an expected release date and whether it'll be released as singles or sets (sets hopefully after all this time).

I'm waiting for that release date myself but, considering how many people are jonesing for this title...I doubt that Funi will release it as a set. If they do...I will be very surprised and will admit it!
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Bah! That's cruel Funi! We were expecting characters we all at least recognize upon hearing their name Razz
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
ManSlayer07 wrote:
I just want an expected release date and whether it'll be released as singles or sets (sets hopefully after all this time).

I'm waiting for that release date myself but, considering how many people are jonesing for this title...I doubt that Funi will release it as a set. If they do...I will be very surprised and will admit it!

I said sets though, because it sure as hell won't be one series set. Razz All of their recent licenses will be released in sets (D.Gray-man was worded to indicate singles though).
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm still extremely irritated that Funi said they'd announce a release date on May 30th with a "special event" and they did nothing of the sort--no special event, no release date. AKon (the con that weekend) had nothing scheduled, and Funi's site went for days without updating.

And then they made a tiny announcement in a blog that was nowhere special in their site that they'd be announcing the dub cast, which I really couldn't care less about (I realize there are those that do, so I'm happy that you're happy), leading up to AX.

If Funi had been planning on stringing the Ouran fans along this whole time, why did they even make the promise of giving a release date at all? They could've just said, "news announcement on the 30th" and then people wouldn't have been quite so upset.
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
I'm still extremely irritated that Funi said they'd announce a release date on May 30th with a "special event" and they did nothing of the sort--no special event, no release date. AKon (the con that weekend) had nothing scheduled, and Funi's site went for days without updating.

And then they made a tiny announcement in a blog that was nowhere special in their site that they'd be announcing the dub cast, which I really couldn't care less about (I realize there are those that do, so I'm happy that you're happy), leading up to AX.

If Funi had been planning on stringing the Ouran fans along this whole time, why did they even make the promise of giving a release date at all? They could've just said, "news announcement on the 30th" and then people wouldn't have been quite so upset.

Unless you have a link/source, I'm pretty sure that it was never stated that the May 30th special event would reveal the release date. We all assumed and expected that but instead it turned out to be their way of announcing the English voice cast. They never planed to "string" the Ouran fans, IIRC it falls in the same category as Darker Than Black: there's been a delay in getting the materials from Japan (8 month delay for DTB). And there's also Jyu Oh Sei but it always gets ignored because it sucks. Razz
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:

Unless you have a link/source, I'm pretty sure that it was never stated that the May 30th special event would reveal the release date. We all assumed and expected that but instead it turned out to be their way of announcing the English voice cast. They never planed to "string" the Ouran fans, IIRC it falls in the same category as Darker Than Black: there's been a delay in getting the materials from Japan (8 month delay for DTB). And there's also Jyu Oh Sei but it always gets ignored because it sucks. Razz

From ANN's coverage of the Anime Central--Funimation Panel:

"The Q&A session followed, and the first hot topic of conversation was last year's big license, Ouran High School Host Club, which has yet to see an official release date. While Sheehan stopped short of saying what the release date is, he did say that the show had been put officially put on the schedule, and its release date would be announced at a “special event” on May 30th."
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:

"The Q&A session followed, and the first hot topic of conversation was last year's big license, Ouran High School Host Club, which has yet to see an official release date. While Sheehan stopped short of saying what the release date is, he did say that the show had been put officially put on the schedule, and its release date would be announced at a “special event” on May 30th."

Thanks for taking the time to look that up and not calling me an idiot. Razz We'll just have to wait patiently till AX for the release date then...
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to look that up and not calling me an idiot. Razz We'll just have to wait patiently till AX for the release date then...

Ha, no problem. I understand why there are delays and such (DtB is another title I'm waiting for), I just wish they hadn't said there was a release date and then not following through or apologizing for their announcement. That's what I'm annoyed about.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quote
As far as Ouran goes, it appears it will be 5 days and 11 hours from the time this is posted before the big announcement is made regarding release date and official cast.

That's according to Funimation's official website which nearly woke up half my household when it finally loaded. -.-'
luhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote
Funimation isn't building anticipation for Ouran with this cutesy-poo stuff; they are creating extreme irritation. Why can't they just give the fans the information?
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
As far as Ouran goes, it appears it will be 5 days and 11 hours from the time this is posted before the big announcement is made regarding release date and official cast.

That's according to Funimation's official website which nearly woke up half my household when it finally loaded. -.-'

That is one loud website.

I think they mean 5 days and 11 hours until the next 2 cast members are announced. That's supposed to be their plan until AX. Two dub VAs announced each Friday until AX when supposedly they will announce the full cast... and release date (probably should take that with a whole shaker of salt).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2