• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Acquires Dokuro-chan Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
I do know there are some that refuse to watch a subbed anime, but really, why would that stop you from watching something you enjoy?
Would you say the same if the series were released English dub only? And I have never stated a refusal to watch a subbed anime. However, I know from experience that I prefer anime with an English dub. As such, I prioritize all purchases with this in mind and given that there are a lot of series that I buy, I have no reason to buy sub-only, because it would prevent me from having the money to buy other series I'd enjoy more.
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Dokuro-chan brings back some painful memories. Laughing I never thought it would ever get licensed, it must have been pretty damn cheap. It's an automatic pass for me.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
no offense to some people who like this anime,but don't worry,I respect everyone's opinions,but if theres one anime I can't stand,it's this one,no offense,but this anime was annoying to the core,the idea of angel beating people to death with a club was just insulting and gorey for my taste.

not only was this a more comic version of Elfin Lied,but this anime is also an insult to Real pure Angels Evil or Very Mad and not to mention in my opinion an insult to christianity.

no offense people.
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
Sometimes you folks need to be reminded that there were a lot of us out there who thought that the best thing ADV ever did was include the Jiggle Counter on DVD's.

Maybe you are right. I do forget regularly that a lot of people do like this stuff. Humor isn't universal. As long as it's a cheap license, and people buy it, it all works out. I'm not against a cheap laugh, but this kind of thing never really did it for me. To each his/her own.

Chalk that forgetfulness up to having no friends who like anime outside the typical shounen-fest or occasional Gundam series.

ChronoBall X wrote:
no offense to some people who like this anime,but don't worry,I respect everyone's opinions,but if theres one anime I can't stand,it's this one,no offense,but this anime was annoying to the core,the idea of angel beating people to death with a club was just insulting and gorey for my taste.

not only was this a more comic version of Elfin Lied,but this anime is also an insult to Real pure Angels Evil or Very Mad and not to mention in my opinion an insult to christianity.

I'd agree, it's kind of annoying in my opinion. I don't like crude humor much. We're in a Family Guy world though, so it does have an audience, which I do so frequently forget about. As a fellow Christian, I can say it isn't worth quibbling over. Shows like this, no matter how offensive they may sometimes seem (though I think tacky is a better word), are usually intended in good humor. I don't take it personally and don't think offending Christians is their goal. Mind you I wouldn't watch it either, but that's me.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:

no offense people.

All anime is an insult to Christianity somehow, why are you here? Again, no offense, but I couldn't find a clean Christian-approved anime if I tried, and even if I could, the idea of personal effects and greed and worldly item means you couldn't purchase it anyway.
JackCox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
The immortality is actually that he turns the world into a pedo's dream. This isn't spoilers, and it doesn't matter because the show focuses on her killing him at every opportunity. I sure hope it receives no dub.

I'm a dub fan but seriously, even I know this show is sooo niche is stands zero chance of getting dubbed. Not that I was going to buy it anyway.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
ChronoBall X wrote:

no offense people.

All anime is an insult to Christianity somehow, why are you here? Again, no offense, but I couldn't find a clean Christian-approved anime if I tried, and even if I could, the idea of personal effects and greed and worldly item means you couldn't purchase it anyway.

techniqually,not all anime insults christianity,some animes portray it well in a unique turn,like take Chrono Crusade for example,which takes place in new york where Jazz and christianity can work pretty well,and not to mention a dramatic plot of devils and paradise.
Orange_Popsicle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Media Blasters. You just made my day.

Dub or no dub, I'll definatly be buying this once it's available.
Raelanura

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:55 am Reply with quote
Best news I've heard in a while, although I wonder how this'll affect the status of Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny.

This was a pretty gutsy choice by Media Blasters, but then, I've always thought they had guts (no Berserk-related pun intended). News relating to Media Blasters is always news to look forward to. Smile
redhandgrunt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quote
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I am fairly sure I just lost a bet. I owe Dave five bucks.
Truered

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Yes. Another import most likely as Hell will have not just frozen, but inverted and become a second heaven if this was to hit UK shores Razz

I really like the series...hope the second one is got too, and both are uncensored (most likely anyway)
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote
DUB NAO
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote
I particularly wouldn't mind a dub, just so long as tehy get an appropriate/capable studio to do the voices. So far, Media Blasters' dubbing has been hit or miss. Midori Days' was pretty good, they included outtakes; Genshiken's was bad, there was no spirit in any of the voices; and Green Green's was a sin against nature.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quote
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

Oh tell me what were the odds??? I have been waiting for this news!! I hope that they pick up the second season. As soon as they announce the release date I'm so picking that up immediately.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote
Um, yes?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6