• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Gate Master

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
over the course of over 3 years though.

Didn't it come out late 2006? I remember buying my 60GB early last year when they were finally available at retail price since it was hard to find outside of eBay during it's first few months. At any rate I know it was released after the first Blu-ray player (Samsung) which debut mid 2006.

I bought my PS3 instead of the first generation Pioneer Blu-ray player which retailed for over twice the price. The machine might not be the best video game platform, but it is hands down the best Blu-ray player. I only own 3 PS3 games, but have several shelves of Blu-ray movies.

Yeah, I'm looking at whats been released so far plus what we can expect in the next year or so. So thats late 06 to the end of 09 making it roughly 3 years.

I imagine that you're right and once I start buying Blurays more regularly it will pay off too. In fact, don't get me wrong. I like my PS3. I actually prefer it to the 360 because of it's interface, controller, look, and lack of frequent critical hardware failure.

In terms of games though, there are so many 360 exclusives that it's pretty much a must. Thats where I find my self torn because I have to decide whether its worth also getting a PS3 for the sake of a handful of games. As I said, I already ended up deciding it was and I sort of stand by that but every now and then my inner cheap-ass makes me question that decision.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
A different controller is a given, since they're always releasing those to sell the consoles to gamers who've never played them. I shouldn't have to pay extra for backwards-compatibility, and it doesn't cost that much to include SACD on systems like it might have 15 years ago. Most people don't care about having four ports on a system, but that shouldn't cost much, either. And no one uses card readers.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:11 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
sanosuke32 wrote:
Sam and Max belong to Telltale games who no longer belong to Lucasarts.
*Finished Season 1 again last week.* You don't say.

All I was trying to get at is that since they no longer belong to Lucasarts, they won't be in it and they will never be in it.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote
By the way, I like the "Get Excited If" parts of the new releases section...They really do help. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4