• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - HALCALI Interview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cenorig

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:52 am Reply with quote
Nice! Halcali is one of my favourite Japanese bands. I fell in love with them after hearing Giri Giri Surfrider. Listened the song, watched the video, even learned a few moves they do during chorus. It was great! The video is totally fun and other videos don't fall short either. Look at the bizarre but totally cute "Strawberry Chips" or "Marching March". They're all crazy.

I should mention that RIP SLYME is another of my favourites, and I learned only later that they were connected. No surprise though, it's hard to miss the influence.

Thanks, ANNtv!
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
Halcali kicks ass. Great band and I'm looking forward to their next album. Tandem is still my favorite song, and it probably always will be after hearing it in Mr Stain on Junk Alley, a crazy song for a crazy show.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:
Halcali kicks ass. Great band and I'm looking forward to their next album. Tandem is still my favorite song, and it probably always will be after hearing it in Mr Stain on Junk Alley, a crazy song for a crazy show.

The only reason I know about HALCALI is because my mom heard that song in a preview for that show while we were watching Fullmetal Alchemist and demanded that I go find it for her. Razz I think I'll be getting her one of their albums for Christmas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
These girls are cute. I saw them at Anime Central. Their dance moves were pretty "stupid" but that's what made them so adorable haha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Odekerk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote
They're silly, silly.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I had known about HALCALI and heard their anime themes but never really looked anything up about them. This interview really got me interested! They really have some of the most entertaining music videos, and I'm looking forward to possibly buying a CD soon (after all the others I need to get).

So anyway, thanks for getting me into HALCALI. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
miccos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy to see this interview. They were awesome at Japanday <3, and tried their best to comes see the fans for a lil bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1