• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2008 - Viz Media

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
If it was some other company, I'd be happy to hear the Monster announcement. But with Viz, I really can't. Between the sub-par DVDs and my lack of faith that it will actually finish, I just can't be happy about this until they've released the entire thing.

Josh7289 wrote:
Damn, how many times are they going to release those manga?!

Uh, it hasn't been that much. This is only the second release of Hot Gimmick and 2.5 for Fushigi Yuugi (only about half the series was released in the flipped format, so some of them have only been released once before while volumes 1-8 or 9 have already had two releases).
Doctor Worm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
-They also mentioned that they are planning a release of the Monster anime

Please oh please be an Ocean dub. Either way, I'm grateful that I'll finally be able to get Region 1 Monster DVDs starting next year and more so grateful that they'll be pushing to get on TV so more people can be exposed to the great series.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Oishinbo looks like a bit of a gamble, but one I'm glad they're taking.
Quark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear about Monster (currently watching it, and am really enjoying it, despite the fact that it makes me fall asleep) and Honey and Clover. I've been dying to see Honey and Clover, and have been patiently waiting and wondering what they were doing with it.
If only there was some information about the Nana anime, cause that's one series I'd really like to have on DVD.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quote
ROAR!! HUNTER X HUNTER!! HOORAHHH!!! Excellent. Must start saving up.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
If only there was some information about the Nana anime, cause that's one series I'd really like to have on DVD.

Forgot about that one, sorry. Anime smile + sweatdrop

It was said that the Nana anime is progressing for release but nothing can be said yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
-And the release Honey and Clover anime is possibly 2009.

Why is the phrase "Phantom Memory Kurau," echoing in my head?
Alex_Strife

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
So is this all we're gonna hear from Viz for Anime Expo 08? No new anime licenses? No acquiring of the Gintama anime or any other thing? Not even a street date for Nana?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Alex_Strife wrote:
So is this all we're gonna hear from Viz for Anime Expo 08? No new anime licenses? No acquiring of the Gintama anime or any other thing? Not even a street date for Nana?

Well, I've heard that Viz is mainly concentrating on Comic-Con nowadays. Also, has it been hinted they'd get Gintama? TBH, I'd see a show like that being more up Funimation's alley, but that's just me.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Alex_Strife wrote:
I'd buy up all of the US release of Gintama if Viz licensed the anime.
Alex_Strife

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Alex_Strife wrote:

Well, I've heard that Viz is mainly concentrating on Comic-Con nowadays. Also, has it been hinted they'd get Gintama? TBH, I'd see a show like that being more up Funimation's alley, but that's just me.

Well think about it. Gintama HAS to be a show that Viz would be interested in. I mean, it has "Licensed by Viz Media" all over it. And besides spoiler[they have to have Brian Drummond voice the part where Ryuk who appears at the end of episode 25, because after all they do have the license to Death Note.] Who else but Viz could license Gintama?

spoiler[]
driverstart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited about Monster coming out in 2009. If they put as much time, effort, and work into this anime as they did with Death Note, we could have another great show on our hands!

I'm for sure going to buy Real, Vagabond VIZBIG Edition since I don't have any of the other books, Solanin, and possibly One-Pound Gospel. I might consider getting Death Note Season 1, but I'm not sure.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Strange, it's not in the article, but I'd like add this:

-They also mentioned that they are planning a release of the Monster anime for either DVD or TV, anything they can get. It should be released in 2009.

I got that from here:Anime smile + sweatdrop
http://www.animeondvd.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=83152&page=6

Like everyone else on the AOD forums have said I'll believe when I'll see it.

If it is true, they better release monster in at least 5 box sets(15-15-15-15-14) at most at hopefully under $50 per box set.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Ya got a typo on the article. It should be Yun Kouga as the mangaka for Gestalt, not Yun Koug.
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah so they are bringing Monster over, I have been waiting forever for this, I really hope they release it straight to boxset, it is too big of a series to go as singles, and I personally would perfer a boxset not only for price but also for bookshelf space.

I am thrilled about the Death Note boxset, it will be going on my christmas list for sure, and I am also excited for the other two Naruto movies since I have only seen the first one, I wonder when they will bring Shiuppden over though. I personally don't like the fillers and really want to see Shiuppden.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3