• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2008 - Viz Media

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Mistress9 wrote:
Yeah so they are bringing Monster over, I have been waiting forever for this, I really hope they release it straight to boxset, it is too big of a series to go as singles, and I personally would perfer a boxset not only for price but also for bookshelf space.

I am thrilled about the Death Note boxset, it will be going on my christmas list for sure, and I am also excited for the other two Naruto movies since I have only seen the first one, I wonder when they will bring Shiuppden over though. I personally don't like the fillers and really want to see Shiuppden.
From what it looks like it, Shippuuden starts sometime next year. But I'm hoping that we'll get it earlier. I really want to see how the dub turns out. Anime hyper
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:
Yeah so they are bringing Monster over, I have been waiting forever for this, I really hope they release it straight to boxset, it is too big of a series to go as singles, and I personally would perfer a boxset not only for price but also for bookshelf space.

I am thrilled about the Death Note boxset, it will be going on my christmas list for sure, and I am also excited for the other two Naruto movies since I have only seen the first one, I wonder when they will bring Shiuppden over though. I personally don't like the fillers and really want to see Shiuppden.
From what it looks like it, Shippuuden starts sometime next year. But I'm hoping that we'll get it earlier. I really want to see how the dub turns out. Anime hyper

If you mean the TV dub, probably not good, there'll be more edits this time, especially with spoiler[Sai's jokes]. I'll watch it, sure, but I'll wait for the uncut DVD dub before passing true judgement.
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:

If you mean the TV dub, probably not good, there'll be more edits this time, especially with spoiler[Sai's jokes]. I'll watch it, sure, but I'll wait for the uncut DVD dub before passing true judgement.

How long do you think we will have to wait for those uncut boxsets? And is Vis going to be really cruel to all us fans and make us buy the fillers within the boxsets, and if they do release the fillers does anyone know approximately what boxset the fillers start at so I can stop buying them and then start again once Shiuppden is released. I really really hate the fillers.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Mistress9 wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:

How long do you think we will have to wait for those uncut boxsets? And is Vis going to be really cruel to all us fans and make us buy the fillers within the boxsets, and if they do release the fillers does anyone know approximately what boxset the fillers start at so I can stop buying them and then start again once Shiuppden is released. I really really hate the fillers.

Wait, what? If you're talking about the 80-or-so fillers between the Sasuke Retrieval arc and the start of Shippuden, those will start with Vol. 11 and beyond. You don't have to buy those, Vol. 1-10 collect the entire canon part of Part 1. So I don't see why you'd upset with Viz there.

If you're referring to the Sora arc in Shippuden, well, TBH I've got to say "tough luck". I don't think Viz should have to make drastic changes to their boxsets releases just so people can avoid ONE arc (and I, and many others, think it's actually pretty good so far). Sorry, that's just the way I feel. It's not Viz's fault where the filler is placed, so I don't think they deserve any blame here, especially since they took the effort to arrange the Part 1 boxsets so we wouldn't have to buy the 136-220 filler if we don't want to.
melonbread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote
I seriously wonder if they have any plans of ever undoing the censoring they did. It would have been a good idea to do so for both their VizBig imprint, and these upcoming collectors editions.... But I guess that's somewhat beyond Viz.

Even CMX admits that releasing things censored was a mistake.
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:

Wait, what? If you're talking about the 80-or-so fillers between the Sasuke Retrieval arc and the start of Shippuden, those will start with Vol. 11 and beyond. You don't have to buy those, Vol. 1-10 collect the entire canon part of Part 1. So I don't see why you'd upset with Viz there.

If you're referring to the Sora arc in Shippuden, well, TBH I've got to say "tough luck". I don't think Viz should have to make drastic changes to their boxsets releases just so people can avoid ONE arc (and I, and many others, think it's actually pretty good so far). Sorry, that's just the way I feel. It's not Viz's fault where the filler is placed, so I don't think they deserve any blame here, especially since they took the effort to arrange the Part 1 boxsets so we wouldn't have to buy the 136-220 filler if we don't want to.

No I was talking about the post Saskue Retrival arc....so just buy up to volume 10 and I will filler free, I just was just thinking if they did release the fillers on the dvd's it would make all my dvd's look funny because I would have 1-10 and then say 16-20 but then I just realized that my thought process there was stupid because more likely or not they will release the Shiuppden DVD boxsets as Naruto Shiuuppden and then I don't have to worry about my volumes matching up.
LiuXuande

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
God damn it, WHAT ABOUT HONEY AND CLOVER?? (not to mention season II which hasn't even made it to Europe) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Death Note box sets, heh? I've already started on the singles, so I'll stay with that.

You know what's funny...
I've been buying the discs individually just to get the figurines that come with them.

xD I'm still buying the box set IF it comes with any extras, I'll probably sell my DVDs cheaper as well, or give them away to a friend.

I'm as well aware of how much money that is... >_>;
russ869

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
I'd buy up all of the US release of Gintama if Viz licensed the anime.

Ditto, man. Now that we're probably going to get to see Monster, the next most wanted on my list is definitely Gintama. I mean, I've almost wanted to buy the Japanese R2's a few times.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
melonbread wrote:
Bleh.... I want to know if the Naruto movies are getting limited editions like the first movie, along with the Bleach movie(soon to be 's).

Also, I have a feeling that we won't be hearing anything about Shippuuden until AX2009. I think Viz are definately going to go all the way through the filler first, which is expected, and what they should do. I mean they can't really go and release Shippuuden simultaneously (like I thought they might)...

The 2nd Naruto movie will be 2-disc, so I doubt it'll get a second release, but who knows?

As for Shippuden, I'd say it should start airing on Cartoon Network by February at the latest. I mean, the fillers will be finished by November or so, so I can't imagine them waiting to long to get Shippuden out (especially since the fillers' ratings will probably be pretty low by that point.)

(note: yes, Cartoon Network, since Adult Swim has flat out said they're not interested in Naruto.)

Everyone knows that AS wont have that series though i wouldn't say the same thing for shippuden. I have a sneaky ass feeling that it will be on AS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3