• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Honey Hunt, Gestalt, Magic Touch, Otomen

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Safetygirl0 wrote:
Otomen! Now that's made my day!

SugarPrincess125 wrote:
Whoo-hoo! Viz picks up Honey Hunt and Otomen!

Guess there are still some people who care about this title. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:
Gestalt!!!
Guess Viz is taking it since Loveless is so popular now they figure anything with Yun Kouga's name on it may get attention from Loveless fans.

TP brought us Earthian before Loveless, didn't they?

I was thinking it was a bit strange, but Viz did bring us Descendants of Darkness
Celes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Otomen sounds hilariously fabulous. I can't wait for that one. Checking in google image, looks pretty, too.

Didn't much care for Hot Gimmick other than the art; hopefully this story will be better?

And now I can debate about rebuying FY. I have the first 6, but they're the flipped format, and I've been waiting for a good reason to rebuy them.

The story for Hot Gimmick won't be any different...it's the same manga, only compiled into bigger volumes so you get more bang for your buck. If you didn't like it the first time, don't buy the same thing again Anime hyper

I'm excited about BIG Fushigi Yugi. I own the whole series but like many other fans half of my series is flipped and the other isn't. I'm definitely going to buy the BIG versions so I can see the color art. I hope they model them off of the deluxe versions of the manga in Japan, the art for those was gorgey.
russ869

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote
So did anyone else hear them slip in the confirmation of the Monster anime? It was one of the last Q/A questions so I'm not surprised people missed it. Anyway, I think they said we can expect a release in 2009. I am stoked!!
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
Celes wrote:
The story for Hot Gimmick won't be any different...it's the same manga, only compiled into bigger volumes so you get more bang for your buck. If you didn't like it the first time, don't buy the same thing again Anime hyper

I think they were referring to Honey Hunt since it's by the same mangaka.

How do the VIZBIG compilations work when there's no equivalent Japanese release? Are they always guaranteed to have the color pages?
Altacia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Altacia wrote:
Gestalt!!!
Guess Viz is taking it since Loveless is so popular now they figure anything with Yun Kouga's name on it may get attention from Loveless fans.

TP brought us Earthian before Loveless, didn't they?

I was thinking it was a bit strange, but Viz did bring us Descendants of Darkness

Ren Ai was brought out by some company a long time ago. {Never been able to find copies of it.}
Earthian was brought out by BLU {TP Sorta}
Loveless is being brought out by TP.

Descendant of Darkness isn't Yun Kougas work, It's Yoko Matsushitas. {Unless your talking the genre similarities}
Pandy Wandy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
Kyaa! Otomen! I've been waiting for this license announcement for months, and that made my day! Thanks, Viz! Smile
crescendoll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Wow, both Gestalt and Honey Hunt? I'm sold. =)
Otomen sounds cute (and popular) too, so good job to Viz on picking some solid titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2