• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 07-16-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocklobster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of when Bil Keane would let Jeff step in on Family Circus. Just as untalented.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Batman3777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:04 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Reminds me of when Bil Keane would let Jeff step in on Family Circus. Just as untalented.

Awe, that's harsh, dood. Poor Myoopi. Wink
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the comments and well-wishes. For those curious, the changes in my life are pretty positive- I'm (at least as far as I can see) permanently moving from Michigan to Washington state.

Also about cons... currently NYAF is actually the only con I've been invited to. I'd love to go to other cons as well and meet people, but I'd need to be invited first. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Good to know it's a positive move. (Word of advice, do as much yourself as possible because workers are almost always morons. I speak from numerous bad experiences.)

Hope Washington state meets your expectations and when you get published in the big leagues, remember us little people. Wink
bobsicle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Thanks for the comments and well-wishes. For those curious, the changes in my life are pretty positive- I'm (at least as far as I can see) permanently moving from Michigan to Washington state.

Lucky, it's all of 32 degrees here in East Lansing Mad

I think it might have taken me a couple of minutes to figure out Myoopi's story, but it was hilarious nonetheless.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha!! If only we could understand Myoopi. Oh gawd, I've been there before. I rolled when I saw this. Awesome.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Good to know it's a positive move. (Word of advice, do as much yourself as possible because workers are almost always morons. I speak from numerous bad experiences.)

Yeah, definitely. I remember back when I arrived at Texas that I had "lost" many of my possessions in the move. >.<

Great comic. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FacelessGeodude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:28 am Reply with quote
2nd panel:
Myoopi has stuffed his face in a bowl of sorts, eating of course.
Nina is watching / just fed Myoopi, is either not happy, or wearing an giant V shaped glasses.

3rd panel:
Myoopi obviously enjoyed the meal, so he deiced to HIT Nina in the face with his tung, perhaps in reality its not so big, but Myoopi can dream cant he?
Nina is saying something, but we are unable to comprehend because of either or both, one, Nina cant exactly talk well with an oversized tung in her face, two, since this is the drawing of Myoopi, we can assume its Myoopi's translation.

4th panel:
Nina goes to wash her face we assume.

5th panel:
Kevin comes along, saying something to Myoopi, like I mentioned earlyer it comes across as gibberish to Myoopi. Myoopi is also angry / upset.

6th panel:
Many have said that Myoopi farts fire, but that is clearly untrue.
If you look closely to the left side of Kevin's torso, You can see an candy with wrapper and all, with lines on top and bottom of it, assuming its going vary fast and hitting Kevin.
Second subject is Myoopi has hit Kevin in the face with his tale, and apparently Kevin's head has caught on fire (we can assume) as a result of being hit by Myoopi's tale

7th panel:
Also many say that Nina is carrying flowers, but its also untrue
If we look closely those are defienatly hearts coming out of the happy Myoopi. And Nina is carrying some sort of stick long object, it would be as logic suggest, a broom. With the lines between Nina's arms, those would suggest a sweeping motion, and Kevin would be on the floor as ash from the Myoopi 2 hit combo (we will call it that)

8th panel:
Myoopi may think this is hilarious, witch we could think Myoopi thinks burning people to ash is funny.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I don't care what you all say. That is hilarious. I laughed for many seconds.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Also about cons... currently NYAF is actually the only con I've been invited to. I'd love to go to other cons as well and meet people, but I'd need to be invited first. ^^

Ouch. If there's no further pending litigation, what happened to get banned?
Jadress

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Jadress wrote:

Ouch. If there's no further pending litigation, what happened to get banned?

Uh... no, I'm not banned, I just have never been invited as a guest before until NYAF. ^^; I could very well buy a table in artist alley like I have in the past, but it's no longer really feasible for me to try and secure a table and make travel arrangements on my own, especially given how difficult securing a table is these days. If you'd like to see me as a guest at any convention you attend, you can try suggesting my name to the con organizers. I can't promise anything of course, but it would be great to meet more readers. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
I think what everyone is missing is that in panel 3, Nina gives Myoopi a DVD to guard (You can see Myoopi sitting on it in panel 4). Then in panel 5 Kevin tries to take it from Myoopi, leading to the candy-pooping-fire-farting-mayhem that ensues in panel 6. What a good guard-pet/animal/thing. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4