• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Udon, Seven Seas Launch Weekly Serialized Comics

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apterous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Who is an "adator"? Is it editor or adapter?
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote
No clue what they mean by Adaptor...

I was reading the Sugar Sugar Rune manga before the anime ever started, so the anime was based on the manga, the manga wasnt created after the anime like Pretty Cure.

No sense...

Anyways, Crunchyroll rules! They got several legal subbed series they show, and now legal manga as well!
Kireek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
No clue what they mean by Adaptor...

I was reading the Sugar Sugar Rune manga before the anime ever started, so the anime was based on the manga, the manga wasnt created after the anime like Pretty Cure.

No sense...

Anyways, Crunchyroll rules! They got several legal subbed series they show, and now legal manga as well!

Lol at crunchyroll rules they have a shed load of illegal files on there and yet 4 million dollars was given to them instead of the anime industery what a joke. The People who run that site dont give a toss about anime they just want the money and the the industery gets run into the ground they will just take the money they have made and run.
Kireek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quote
Quite how anyone can CR rules is beyond me
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quote
They could with Duraga up untill that awful clifhanger ending. Blastreider, er, never and Strike Witches' viewing window is so damn small that I can't even see it.

Though, given what we have content wise with SW I think that might be a good thing.
souleater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quote
Kireek wrote:
Lol at crunchyroll rules they have a shed load of illegal files on there and yet 4 million dollars was given to them instead of the anime industery what a joke. The People who run that site don't give a toss about anime they just want the money and the the industery gets run into the ground they will just take the money they have made and run.

I don't see you cursing at Youtube, Veoh and Bittorrent, which inarguably are doing much less than CR at advancing the current state of affairs in the anime industry. At least CR is actively taking steps to host legitimate content and share profits with the industry.

Also, I don't think you understand the point of VC funding...
Kireek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote
If u think the people who run CR give a damn about anime u are mistaken.
Kireek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quote
If fan-sub fans still have a problem with paying $1.99 (which i can probably find under my couch right now) for an episode, then they are being bigger penny pinchers than scrooge.

So hows about u use funimation service on this so u like support the industery. because if any of you have dowloaded every series u have watched without puttin anything back into the induters for teh past 2 years then u ain a anime fan at all.
houkoholic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote
souleater wrote:
I don't see you cursing at Youtube, Veoh and Bittorrent, which inarguably are doing much less than CR at advancing the current state of affairs in the anime industry. At least CR is actively taking steps to host legitimate content and share profits with the industry.

Youtube has had their official channels a long time ago in helping content providers get ad revenue.

Veoh hosted one of the first ad-driven anime (Neko-ramens IIRC) before CR did.

Bittorrent is a protocol that was never designed to be used video piracy at first, it just happens to become one that was very good at it in the process. Plus the official Bittorrent site is also helping to distribute content officially as well.

Also note that none of these companies ever actively ask its users to use their system to upload fansubs - which CR does do, under a diguise of a poor colleage kid no less while the founders are actually all employed at some internet company. That's the difference and why people have issues with CR.
Kireek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quote
U know i have just signed up to CR to read some of the comments (no i havnt turned to the darkside) And i was reading comments about xamd which.

a, u can purchase of ps3 network for £1.99 (which some people on there have)

b, has come out 4 months before japan

Despite this people still decide to steal it off CR but what got me the most was people sayin how xamd was slightly off sync. How on earth can they have the gaul to complain about somthing when u can get for pittance and 4 months before japan.

Most of the people on there aint real anime fans they just watch it because its there.

P.S im going to berate the owners on there now to get my account banned from there.
Kireek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quote
Kireek wrote:
U know i have just signed up to CR to read some of the comments (no i havnt turned to the darkside) And i was reading comments about xamd which.

a, u can purchase of ps3 network for £1.99 (which some people on there have)

b, has come out 4 months before japan

Despite this people still decide to steal it off CR but what got me the most was people sayin how xamd was slightly off sync. How on earth can they have the gaul to complain about somthing when u can get for pittance and 4 months before japan. If any of u still baulk at the idea of payin $1.99 for a service as good as that then u find anime worthless.

Most of the people on there aint real anime fans they just watch it because its there.

P.S im going to berate the owners on there now to get my account banned from there.
Kireek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
Taken from there site

Here's a list of cr's dedicated and loving staff members (in no particular order!)~ Without them, cr would not be possible! They are all doing this out of the goodness of their heart, so whenever you have a chance, please show them your gratitude! It has been an honor and will continue to be a pleasure working with such great people. I love you all! - shinji

im not gonna reapeat what i thought of this because i would get banned from here lol........goodness of there heart. Nothing to do with making a shed load of money from illegal files then??
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1