• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia Suggestion List.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
42317 wrote:
If this results in nothing I'll make the step and delete everything and anything from Anime I have never seen.

I don't know what Dan has planned for the next encyclopedia updates, but there are already other sites that have a character database with pictures you could contribute to including Anime Planet, Kitsu.io and My Anime List.

I'll add aniSearch (formerly aniSearch.de) to that list.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Can someone post an ANN entry for the Japanese and Korean and Chinese staff for The Boondocks, as well as the Japanese seiyuu, please? Thanks.
LunaSlashSea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:16 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if 'isekai' was added to the genre list.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:03 am Reply with quote
Isekai would be a theme, not a genre.
falseinfinity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote

北斗の拳 TV総集編1
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR : TV COMPILATION 1
ユリア!永遠に・・・ さらばシンよ!!
Yuria, Forever... and Farewell Shin!!
Duration: 60 minutes
Released on VHS: 1986-02-21
VRTM00919 / T4988101001712
Released on DVD: 2008
This film compiles the first arc of the series involving Shin
It likely aired on television between 03/21/1985 (episode 22 airdate) and 02/21/1986 (Release date on VHS)

北斗の拳 TV総集編2
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR : TV COMPILATION 2
南斗六聖拳! 義の星の男レイ
Six Sacred Fists of Nanto! Rei, the Star of Justice
Released on VHS: 1988-01-14
VRTM00286 / T4988101009718
This film compiles the second arc of the series involving Rei
It likely aired on television between 12/26/1985 (episode 57 airdate) and 01/14/1988 (Release date on VHS)

北斗の拳 TV総集編3
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR : TV COMPILATION 3
世紀末覇者の伝説 ラオウ死すべし!
Legend of the Supreme Ruler / Conqueror of Century's End - Raoh Must Die!
Released on VHS: 1988-02-12
VRTM00293 / T4988101010042
This film compiles the fourth arc of the series involving Raoh
It likely aired on television between 03/05/1987 (episode 109 airdate) and 02/12/1988 (Release date on VHS)

VHS Scans:
https://imgur.com/a/JCmcYQ9

Sources:
http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=204
http://cdjapan.co.jp/product/AVBA-26701
http://amazon.co.jp/北斗の拳-TV版総集編-1-VHS-武論尊/dp/B00005GPOI
http://amazon.co.jp/北斗の拳-TV版総集編-2-VHS-武論尊/dp/B00005GPMW
http://amazon.co.jp/北斗の拳-TV版総集編-3-VHS-武論尊/dp/B00005GPMZ
CorzaMoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I would like to suggest that on the following Sailor Moon pages (anime: 363, 213, 811, 80, 812, 280, & 813), that the English cast is split up into different tables.

English (Canadian) cast:
and
English (American) cast:

Now that there are 2 different English dubs (of the above listed Sailor Moon TV series and Movies) the English cast table is getting very hectic and hard to tell who played who for which version. I suggest to separate them and have each cast list re-arranged to A-Z (by either actor's given or surname) to give it more of an organized look.

If you require any help, I am happy to do what I can. I'm currently in conversations with at least 15 of the original Optimum cast - slowly gathering confirmations on all of them to what roles they played (by sending them video clips to confirm; I spent a month creating the clips from all 159 episode and 3 movies) so we can finally kick all the rumours to the curb. The complete cast list I have been typing up is filling up quickly, and I'm sure soon enough we'll have at least 90% of the character roles officially covered.

Again, I am happy to discuss this more and help wherever possible. As an avid fan of the Sailor Moon series, I feel it's time to give the Canadian dub a little more attention; especially because it's the 25th anniversary this August!
Winger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:59 am Reply with quote
Why doesn't "Altered Carbon: Resleeved" got an encyclopedia page until now?
I mean, it's an actual anime, produced in Japan with japanese staff and with japanese being the original audio.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Winger wrote:
I mean, it's an actual anime, produced in Japan with japanese staff and with japanese being the original audio.

I agree It does surprise me that this film isn't featured on the site despite having articles based on this.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:11 am Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
Winger wrote:

I agree It does surprise me that this film isn't featured on the site despite having articles based on this.

You can always submit it to the Encyclopedia yourself and (in theory) an editor will review it and approve it (eventually). (My ad blocking/privacy software interferes with my seeing that part of the site, so I can't do it myself or even check to see if it's waiting in the "to be approved/denied" list.)
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:07 am Reply with quote
Would it at all be possible for the Encyclopedia to change how the following tasks are displayed?

"Packaging" should be displayed as "Packaging Design"
"Menus" should be displayed as "Menu Design"
"Project Translator" should be displayed as "Translation"

Lastly, can the Encyclopedia stop displaying "Menu Design" as "DVD Menu Design" when adding a company? Over the last decade, combo pack releases have been very common, and if a separate company is doing the menus, rarely is it different for the Blu-ray and DVD, so "Menu Design" works quite well rather than doing a separate "Blu-ray Menu Design" and "DVD Menu Design" every time, they should be separate only when they actually differ. Additionally, Blu-ray-only releases are now quite common, Blu-ray has effectively replaced DVD when it comes to anime. A few months ago I added this company for 2 different things, one is a combo pack release (The Tatami Galaxy) and another is a Blu-ray-only release (Strike Witches 501st), and it was a bit annoying to see "Menu Design" turn into "DVD Menu Design" when "Menu Design" would work much better, and also, to my knowledge the task "Blu-ray Menu Design" didn't already exist, it only exists for people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:10 am Reply with quote
While I haven't been deep enough into editing in long time to have encountered the problems BigOnAnime mentions, all the suggestions in BOA's post make sense to me.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:17 am Reply with quote
Another suggestion, if anyone puts down "DVD Menu", have it display as "DVD Menu Design". I've found in some rather old entries people that down instead of "DVD Menu Design", like with Kino's Journey and Ghost Stories. It'd probably also be a good idea to have "Blu-ray Menu" and "Blu-ray Menus" get displayed as "Blu-ray Menu Design" if someone ever enters that, though I've yet to encounter that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:06 am Reply with quote
I seconded those suggestions as well.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:46 am Reply with quote
Another suggestion, when it comes to companies, "Dubbing" and "Dubbing Studio" probably should be displayed as "ADR Production". I've found that in multiple entries.
company#3931
company#38
company#421
company#358
company#628
company#558
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I notice the encyclopedia page for the new Higurashi anime has been changed to show the "secret" title. Should it also be changed to list it as spoiler[a sequel rather than a remake]?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21