• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 07-29-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote
I love Neon Exodus Ninangelion. It's a lot more cerebral than Ultimate Mop Daisuke. Sure, it's a tad overrated, but it's still a damn good show, despite all the bandwagon haters that pop up these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Roy9076

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
I literally laughed for quite a while. Besides, being under a rule of this certain Angle isn't that bad. Sure, the dentist will be rich, but sure has benefits! Best NGE parody in my book.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote
Ah. The all nighter Evangelion marathon. Yeaaaaah. Not quite the most mentally sound thing to try. A friend and I who had an Evangelion parody web comic tried it once. Forget if we made it or if we skipped some eps to wrap it up. Meanwhile, he was the one who introduced it to me. Funny enough, he showed it at my Catholic High School's Sci Fi club.
Gundam Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quote
Sara, you and Robin are very talented artists.
I especially liked the top fourth panel of Nina.

To my shame I have not actually seen any of the Avengelion, but I got the joke anyhow.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote
Ultimate-Neon-Genesis-Mop-Daivangelion DX.Probably only the bestest fansub out there right now.
Only half of the cam out there though.Can't wait for part two.Go Myoopi!
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:09 am Reply with quote
Hilarious, and still reminds me severely of NGE. I'm laughingly impressed. Or whatever.
atlanime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quote
Is she gonna gonna have Moopi land on her naked as she gets out of the shower, and then after about 2 minutes finally ask him to get off? Or will she drink a bunch of beer and go "Keeeeeeeesh!"
billyarnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Key wrote:
As big a fan as I am of NGE, I must admit it doesn't get parodied as much as it deserves. This one was great.

I agree with you. This week's comic is much better I must admit. Sure the comic was humorous, but Neon Geneis Evagellion isn't as series that is parodied much.

Case in point that Robin picked a talented artist.

Excellent parodies so far. I haven't seen NGE, but I know the basics. The payoff, IMO, wasn't the last panel, but where Myoopi was a Angel! Thank you, Sara, & keep 'em coming until Robin returns!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:05 am Reply with quote
Excellent parody! Razz

I may not like EVA, but I know enough about it to find this hilarious.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 am Reply with quote
It's official. Kevin must be Nina's dad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:32 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I love Neon Exodus Ninangelion. It's a lot more cerebral than Ultimate Mop Daisuke. Sure, it's a tad overrated, but it's still a damn good show, despite all the bandwagon haters that pop up these days.

Exactly. I was waiting for all the comments about how a old hand-drawn show like Nina Genesis Evangelion could never stand up to a 200+ episode series like Ultimate Mop Daisuke.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:01 am Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Exactly. I was waiting for all the comments about how a old hand-drawn show like Nina Genesis Evangelion could never stand up to a 200+ episode series like Ultimate Mop Daisuke.

I'm looking forward to them releasing the Expensive Edition this Fall. I already have the original tapes, the DVDs, the Special Edition DVD's, the Special Candy Edition DVD's, and the Super Duper Ultra Extreme Now You Can Understand Episode 25 Edition Brain Implants. Still looking for the You've Seen This Same Damn Falling On Top of One Another Scene Ten Times For God's Sake Remake.
kadian1364

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm looking forward to them releasing the Expensive Edition this Fall. I already have the original tapes, the DVDs, the Special Edition DVD's, the Special Candy Edition DVD's, and the Super Duper Ultra Extreme Now You Can Understand Episode 25 Edition Brain Implants. Still looking for the You've Seen This Same Damn Falling On Top of One Another Scene Ten Times For God's Sake Remake.

LOLOLOL Anime hyper

The comic on the other hand... an instant classic!
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
Wow, this was a great comic, good job!
I love the Gendo Kevin and her friends worked into her dream, and Myoopi did really look awesome as an eva unit. Nina's outfit was perfect as well.
This is probably one of my favorite strips.
eviltimes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote
That was very funny. Best laugh I've had all week!

Keep 'em comin!!!

8)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3