• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fate/Apocrypha Project to Be a Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote
On thing i don't get is all these grail wars. isn't supposed to happen once every 60 years and yet Rin Tohsaka has been in 4 Grail wars Razz well whatever I'll still be looking into it I like the fate/series
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:17 am Reply with quote
The Holy Grail Wars typically occurred every sixty years but the 5th (Fate/Stay Night) started prematurely.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:19 am Reply with quote
I was hoping for a video game or a VN but I'm ok with a light novel.

Wonder how long it's going to be though, is it covering a full war or just part of one? Or is it going to be like that April fool's day joke novel written by the Baccano/Durarara creator from a few years back....
Mirri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I was hoping for a video game or a VN but I'm ok with a light novel.

Wonder how long it's going to be though, is it covering a full war or just part of one? Or is it going to be like that April fool's day joke novel written by the Baccano/Durarara creator from a few years back....

From the number of character designs that were in Fate/COMPLETE MATERIAL Volume 4 EXTRA MATERIAL taken from the cancelled online game, I would assume [I would speculate] that it's just going to be one big cluster**** of crazy awesome madness.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
On thing i don't get is all these grail wars. isn't supposed to happen once every 60 years and yet Rin Tohsaka has been in 4 Grail wars Razz well whatever I'll still be looking into it I like the fate/series

Fate Zero ending will explain why, so watch it until the end.
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:37 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping they retcon some of the original designs. Having two completely different character designs for Vlad the Impaler between Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra is kind of silly.

Loli Jack the Ripper is also devastatingly stupid. I feel like they're getting way too lax about their portrayals of historic figures. I could accept that Arturia was mistaken for a man; it kind of pushed my suspension of disbelief, but it was only one Heroic Spirit. Now it seems like they're expecting us to believe that every other Heroic Spirit was indeed a young, nubile female, and that the only reason anyone believes otherwise is because of arbitrary historical inaccuracies. I mean, Nero? Really?

I do hope Shakespeare Caster is still set to appear though. I've been waiting on that one for a while.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:25 am Reply with quote
The reason that there was another Grail War so soon after the 4th Grail War is: spoiler[The way the 4th Grail War ended was faulty because someone who was not the final master/servant touched the Grail.]

I wont go into who or why or how, but that's what happened and it messed things up, so after that, the 5th Grail War started only 10 years after the previous one instead of the normal 60.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
It feels to me they are milking the cow way too much, but I can't compain since I'm loving Fate/Zero and like all-things Type Moon, in general.

I'm looking forward to that demo even more, though.

It's about time! Hope it comes with a release date.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I'll take some more Fate eroge. Keep bringing it Type Moon. Let's see how far this charade will go.
Scr1be

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
AilisKnil wrote:
Loli Jack the Ripper is also devastatingly stupid. I feel like they're getting way too lax about their portrayals of historic figures.

Well to be fair, no one even knows who Jack the Ripper was. For all we know it may have been a female.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
It was the Queen's private doctor. Dude had the access and reputation. But you are right, none of us were there. So no one really knows.
Mirri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
It was the Queen's private doctor. Dude had the access and reputation. But you are right, none of us were there. So no one really knows.

I know everyone hates linking Wikipedia as a source, but the citations seem to be relatively decent here... the list of suspects is pretty long.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper_suspects

AilisKnil wrote:
I'm hoping they retcon some of the original designs. Having two completely different character designs for Vlad the Impaler between Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra is kind of silly.
Loli Jack the Ripper is also devastatingly stupid. I feel like they're getting way too lax about their portrayals of historic figures.

It's hilarious that you mention Jack the Ripper! He also has two completely different character designs, between Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/STRANGE FAKE. spoiler[In Fate/STRANGE FAKE, he is Berserker class, but because he was insane to begin with, Mad Enhancement makes him a clear and calculating maniac. He still gets the stat boost, too! He also has an ability that allows him to take the shape of anyone who was suspected to be Jack the Ripper, because his identity was never truly discovered.] F/SF was supposedly the prologue to an RPG, but the April Fool's day text (which was titled "Fake/STATES NIGHT", though it is the same thing) was eventually taken down. While it's not legitimate canon, it was legitimately released after the April Fools' day text was taken down. It was released as an extra with TYPE-MOON ACE Vol.2, illustrated and all.

Honestly, the whole Fake/STATES NIGHT concept and the information I've read about F/SF make me wish that it was real canon and Fake/STATES NIGHT was real... I mean, how can you not love [quoting tvtropes] spoiler[FUDGING a ritual that involves a hole in reality, the most legendary and bloody legends brought to life, and a fight where There Can Be Only One?!] I wish there was more, and I wish I could read it! Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1