• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 08-13-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Let me guess: Robin is never coming back, and this is all an attempt to pass the torch to Sara by stealth?

Great comic this week, by the way.

The last panel was by far the most humorous part of the comic, but with all due respect to Sarah, I really do hope Robin resumes comand.

Its not that I don't enjoy these comics or anyting, I am just ascustomed to Robin's artwork and jokes.
Jonasan
ANN Video Director & Producer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
Sara Pocock rocks.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote
That was hilarious. I'm still in stitches. At first I thought there was an art mistake because "Totoro's" ears weren't right, and then I realized...

Ouch. Well, seeing as he poops candy, I think I'd be a more abusive owner than Nina. Laughing

"Give me some Pixy Stix, darn you, or I'm shoving another suppository in through your eye!"
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
lmfao Anime hyper myoopi aww u poor thing so cute yet felt so bad for it. Nina's dreams/day dreams r rlly interesting.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Huh, how did My Neighbor Myoopi get mixed in with Nasuicaa?
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Jonasan wrote:
Sara Pocock rocks.

D'awwwwwww, you rock. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Hrm, the description was a 'wee' bit misleading but the Ghibli homage was still great.

Under the description you had, I thought "Oh god, it's gonna be a Naruto parody".

But I guess I kinda mixed up "mainstream and publicly accepted" with "geared towards kids and teens".

Either way, still a great close. I've really enjoyed the guest comics Sara's been doing. It's all been amusing trips into other animes.

The whole comic involving the destruction of the computer monitor was my person favorite out of all of them.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quote
However, despite the fact this week's comic was well made, I must admit last week's comic took the cake.

Sarah must have put much time and energy perfecting that comic, the quality of the comic shows. Though I must say, the second comic with Kevin dressed as a woman was also great, as well as the Evagellion parody.

Now all that is left is seeing if Kevin has another monitor or at the very least Nina having a converstation about it.
JNOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
"Anime News Nina! - 08-13-09"

Someone is thinking a year (or a month) into the future... Rolling Eyes
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
JNOtaku wrote:
"Anime News Nina! - 08-13-09"

Someone is thinking a year (or a month) into the future... Rolling Eyes

I've been saying that for quite a while, yet appartently either Nina has been eating too much myoopi candy or this is just a small error.

Last week and week before that I belive where when the error started, too no fault of anyone I am sure.
fairyuuen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote
Oh My God! Quick somebody call the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), because of this there will be a lot of Myoopi that will be abused by children. Sad

Because they'll ride on their Myoopi to get more candy. Laughing
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote
fairyuuen wrote:
Oh My God! Quick somebody call the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), because of this there will be a lot of Myoopi that will be abused by children. Sad

Wasn't Myoopi a product of Japanese genetic engineering? So I don't think it qualifies as "wildlife". Try the SPCA. (I think Myoopi is an animal.) Whatever you do, don't call the WWWA.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I've done quite a few (all times with my friends: 3 guys and 1 girl plus me, and it's never been awkward....yet Wink ), IIRC they were:

-FLCL/Miyazaki night

Wow, that is ... quite the combination there. Dare I ask the order & list of how that night went down?
Quote:
We've jokingly said we're going to have a full-marathon Case Closed sleepover. Yeah, I'd be impressed if someone could pull that off. Laughing

Drat, seems I'm missing a volume to pull this off.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:45 pm Reply with quote
When I read the synopsis for this week's comic I mistook it for meaning that it was goin' to feature clever puns and jabs at, say, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon or DBZ. While I still enjoyed what the comic actually was, I couldn't help the little twinge of disappointment that surfaced upon learning my initial assumption was untrue.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
I've done quite a few (all times with my friends: 3 guys and 1 girl plus me, and it's never been awkward....yet Wink ), IIRC they were:

-FLCL/Miyazaki night

Wow, that is ... quite the combination there. Dare I ask the order & list of how that night went down?
Quote:
We've jokingly said we're going to have a full-marathon Case Closed sleepover. Yeah, I'd be impressed if someone could pull that off. Laughing

Drat, seems I'm missing a volume to pull this off.

I believe in order it was:

FLCL, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Kiki's Delivery Service. We're planning on having another one sometime, this time with FLCL, Porco Rosso, The Castle of Cagliostro, and we're still undecided about the others (between the 5 of us, we pretty much have all his work, so that's not an issue).

It just seemed like a good combo. We love FLCL, and were unsure what else to fit into the sleepover (since 24-26 animes kinda require the full time). One of my friends said, "Dude, Miyazaki." Problem solved. Smile

As for the Case Closed deal, our joke actually meant once the series is finished (so at least over 500 episodes) and completely out on DVD. I shudder to think how many days/nights that would require.

We are planning to start ongoing nights with Naruto/One Piece, but only after Funimation has released more sets of the later. So we'll do one boxset of Naruto and one boxset of One Piece a night.

Yes, we are insane. Very Happy But our philosophy is, "weekends are precious, so why not make the most of them?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4