• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Blood Reportedly to Open in U.S. in March

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shogun22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Eh, it seems like each incarnation of Blood is its own storyline, so not so serious about what happened in the anime movie vs the TV series where she was born in France (interestingly she wasn't given a French name). We'll see what storyline they do in the live-action film.

More or less its based on the original "Blood: The Last Vampire" anime movie that was released in November 2000 (Japan).

One of the changes I read is it takes place in the late 1940's instead of the early 1960's setting of the original anime movie.

enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:22 am Reply with quote
shogun22 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Eh, it seems like each incarnation of Blood is its own storyline, so not so serious about what happened in the anime movie vs the TV series where she was born in France (interestingly she wasn't given a French name). We'll see what storyline they do in the live-action film.

More or less its based on the original "Blood: The Last Vampire" anime movie that was released in November 2000 (Japan).

One of the changes I read is it takes place in the late 1940's instead of the early 1960's setting of the original anime movie.

Awww... so that means no bro x sis twins pseudo-incest baby love triangles! Laughing
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quote
shogun22 wrote:

Great, so they retconned it.
suzumehime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
march 2009? At least I don't have to wait so long for the release!
Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3