• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: High School Boys Anime's Ending Song Unlisted After Blog Post

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like Yuuki needs to man up and say "Yeah, I said it, so what? The braud was looking sub-standard! The person who needs to apologize is that wack-ass stylist she employs!". Would've at least kept some dignity in a what was already losing situation. smh.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Who cares? Kimi to Boku already has the cute boys doing cute things genre covered anyway.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
This one is even more universal than the usual Japan-has-issues-with-saving-face stuff. If you're involved with a project, criticizing someone else involved with the project before it even comes out is a sure-fire way to get your ass kicked off the project. Razz
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
As a proponent of free speech, I think firing the band like this is criminally wrong, and the studio should be ashamed for doing this.

As a man, I think criticizing a woman coworker's looks in a public forum is crude and undignified, and the singer should be ashamed of acting such.

As a seiyuu connoisseur, I will admit that Ms. Horie is not particularly good looking, but she is a damn fine singer and a top tier voice actress, and her appearance should have no bearing on evaluating her talents.

As an anime fan, Daily Lives of High School Boys sounds as boring as all hell, and I wouldn't watch it anyway.
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:19 am Reply with quote
Melanchthon wrote:
As a proponent of free speech, I think firing the band like this is criminally wrong, and the studio should be ashamed for doing this.

As a man, I think criticizing a woman coworker's looks in a public forum is crude and undignified, and the singer should be ashamed of acting such.

As a seiyuu connoisseur, I will admit that Ms. Horie is not particularly good looking, but she is a damn fine singer and a top tier voice actress, and her appearance should have no bearing on evaluating her talents.

As an anime fan, Daily Lives of High School Boys sounds as boring as all hell, and I wouldn't watch it anyway.

Well uh.... what do you think of the Fractale's mangaka saying "I don't want to work on this anymore, it's boring." [paraphrased] - they got a lot of flak for that. Though, instead of being fired, they were forced to finish it up... hah. I'd be hard pressed to say which is worse, losing a job or being forced to do one you hate after being publicly shamed.
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 am Reply with quote
I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing after I seen the article.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote
He's talking about the magazine cover picture.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:21 am Reply with quote
Melanchthon wrote:

It's got nothing to do with free speech. Free speech doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want without any consequences whatsoever. You'd have more of a point if the singer was working on a project that was unrelated to anything she was doing and got fired off that project because of it, but everyone should know it's foolish to be publicly critical over something as petty as how someone looked when you're working on the same project as that person, and said person is more valuable to the project.

Also, having seen her in person, I think Yui Horie is quite attractive, but different strokes for different folks I guess.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
but everyone should know it's foolish to be publicly critical over something as petty as how someone looked when you're working on the same project as that person, and said person is more valuable to the project.

Is there even any indication that Horie is going to be in this anime? This isn't exactly an anime I'd think she'd be in, and her name's not on the cast list.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Who cares? Kimi to Boku already has the cute boys doing cute things genre covered anyway.

Melanchthon wrote:

Just going by the title and superficial description I would have thought the same. However, it is completely different from Kimi To Boku with dirty jokes, pranks, hilarity, and the Gintama episode director, and VAs, Check out the PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds6r3IUnHjk

and the preview episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3fCPzaN70 Very Happy
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Jaymie wrote:

Melanchthon wrote:

Just going by the title and superficial description I would have thought the same. However, it is completely different from Kimi To Boku with dirty jokes, pranks, hilarity, and the Gintama episode director, and VAs, Check out the PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds6r3IUnHjk

and the preview episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3fCPzaN70 Very Happy

Still stupid and boring.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1