• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and its [as] brodcast.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
Well moribito is airing this saturday so it's time to start a thread for it.

Summary:Balsa the spearwoman is a wandering warrior, who takes on the task of saving lives in atonement for a past sin. On her journey, she happens to save a prince and is tasked with becoming his bodyguard. And he is going to need one, for his own father, the emperor, wants him dead.

Seirei no Moribito

So everybody talk about moribito.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quote
I can't wait. I've been looking forward to seeing Moribito for a while now. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and the artwork and quality seems very well done. I just have to remember to set my DVR to record it. I'll probably do that right now!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote
So this will be airing on Adult Swim you say? Well it certainly looks interesting. I went ahead and googled the show for more info and it has piqued my interests. What time will it be on? I work til 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays so if it's before hand I'll have to program my VCR to tape it. I'll definitely give it a look though and see what it's like.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
So this will be airing on Adult Swim you say? Well it certainly looks interesting. I went ahead and googled the show for more info and it has piqued my interests. What time will it be on? I work til 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays so if it's before hand I'll have to program my VCR to tape it. I'll definitely give it a look though and see what it's like.

It'll be on at 1:30 and 4:30 according to the [as] schedule but that can change at a moments notice.
sj21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote
Yesssss!! I can't wait either. This looks like my kind of anime. A nice sword fighting type one that takes place in ancient china or japan?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
sj21 wrote:
Yesssss!! I can't wait either. This looks like my kind of anime. A nice sword fighting type one that takes place in ancient china or japan?

Apparently it's a lot less action-oriented than you think, or so I've heard. I haven't watched it yet except the first episode, but I heard it's rather slow paced and even sometimes boring. I guess it also has the classic episodic IG style too with a bigger over-arching plot.

I can say the production value is top-notch in animation, but it especially excels in sound, which is where IG usually does really well.

It's good to see more shows that aren't Generic Shounen Screamfest #43985 come on to TV.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quote
sj21 wrote:

In my inexperienced opinion, I think it resembles ancient China a little more, but it's not really. It's a fantasy world, not so much by means of magic, but more due to the slightly overlapping spirit world that comes to play a large roll in the plot.

As wal said, there's not much sword/spear fighting, but what of it there is is beautiful. However, if you're only intending to watch for the action, you may be disappointed, as the story is driven by character interaction and political intrigue.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Which means it will be a failure for the as stoner crowd but they will finish it anyway. I don't know why it has that time slot of it's a new show though.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Which means it will be a failure for the as stoner crowd but they will finish it anyway. I don't know why it has that time slot of it's a new show though.

Same crap they pulled with Code Geass, I honestly don't know why they even bother adding new shows. But you're right, it won't be appreciated at all unless it's got explosions and blood and guts all over the place.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote
It definitely looks and sounds interesting. I'll be sure to check it out Saturday.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quote
I have my DVR box set to record it. ^^ Now hopefully AS won't switch it on me, but luckily unlike with Code Geass I didn't set the recording options to one recording time.

But this series seem interesting to me based on the description on ANN's page, and I really hope the dub is great (since I love dubbed anime). Here's hoping that AS has another good anime!
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Weird, I'm currently working my way through the sub, I'm on episode 18 (I think...). Cool that Adult Swim picked it up though.

As others have said, so far the fights are few and far between, but they are very well done. The art is simply gorgeous though, the show has kept my interest simply because of how good the visuals are.

The story is rather slow paced, but I've never found it dull. There's enough going on with all the characters to hold my wandering attention span. Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

It'll be on at 1:30 and 4:30 according to the [as] schedule but that can change at a moments notice.

Ah, good old [as]...can't decided on a schedule and leave it there for more than two weeks at a time... Rolling Eyes

But, I'm looking forward to seeing this as well. It got my attention when it was reviewed here on ANN in one of the new (Spring/Fall) Season Show reviews.
btt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:36 am Reply with quote
I thoroughly enjoyed Moribito and am looking forward to how they do with the english dub.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I missed this one in subs so I'll definitely check out the AS broadcast. Especially since what I've seen of it looks pretty good. Can't wait until tomorrow night.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11