Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse to Create 4 Anime with Marvel Comic Heroes


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Axle911



Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Heck yes. Being both a Marvel fan and an anime fan, I can firmly say that this is rad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fighterholic



Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Posts: 9193

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I applaud Madhouse for bringing Marvel even further out to the Japanese, though I know there has been a loyal following there. Instead, we are reaching out to the next generation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote
Wow. This'll be just as good as Gotham Knight... *snort*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Hed



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1607
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote
Cool. Iron Man should be an easy transition, what with Japan's experience in creating powered exoskeletons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Fronzel



Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Posts: 1267

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
I don't know...

But Witchblade turned out all right, and I liked Gotham Knight, thank you.

I'll be willing to give 'em a try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richard J.



Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3367
Location: Sic Semper Tyrannis.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
I'm more than willing to check these out. With luck, this will get more people interested in anime in general and, God willing, further push away the "anime is Japanese violent porn toons" image that still haunts us to this day. (If nothing else, it'll bring Madhouse more money which is probably a good thing.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I'm more than willing to check these out. With luck, this will get more people interested in anime in general and, God willing, further push away the "anime is Japanese violent porn toons" image that still haunts us to this day. (If nothing else, it'll bring Madhouse more money which is probably a good thing.)

You're pretty stupid for thinking there are people like that still around. Maybe only 3%... More like, it seems you're eager to prove something that doesn't need proving. In other words...Japanophillia.

Look. Geek culture is the new pop culture. And YES, anime is part of geek culture and more and more people are accepting it as an enjoyable entertainment medium. So quit getting so worked up about it. Only people who think like that are uneducated rednecks and hicks. And they take that approach towards virtually everything...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arbitrary



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
I'm more than willing to check these out. With luck, this will get more people interested in anime in general and, God willing, further push away the "anime is Japanese violent porn toons" image that still haunts us to this day. (If nothing else, it'll bring Madhouse more money which is probably a good thing.)

You're pretty stupid for thinking there are people like that still around. Maybe only 3%... More like, it seems you're eager to prove something that doesn't need proving. In other words...Japanophillia.

Look. Geek culture is the new pop culture. And YES, anime is part of geek culture and more and more people are accepting it as an enjoyable entertainment medium. So quit getting so worked up about it. Only people who think like that are uneducated rednecks and hicks. And they take that approach towards virtually everything...


And you are acting like a douche. She/he just wanted to end that stigma, which while not as strong is still around.

Is anime much more accepted? Yes, but he/she wants more people to be less repulsed by our fandom. I still see people on Gaia who have this impression that Anime is rape, disgusting, or silly.

Also, in what way is he/she trying to prove something? Because the poster wanted to push a way stigma that exist? Yeah, your logic is flawless.


Last edited by arbitrary on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LostPhrack



Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 40
Location: Mass.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote
Oooo... this sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully they'll all turn out ok, very curious to see Madhouse does with some of the concepts. Hope the Iron Man outfit gets a nifty redesign, not that I don't like the outfit, it'd just be neat to see their take on it. Plus it's not like the suit hasn't been redesigned a hundred times over the years.

So yeah! Hopefully we'll get a nifty new Iron Man suit out of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quote
arbitrary wrote:
And you are acting like a douche. She/he just wanted to end that stigma, which while not as strong is still around.

Is anime much more accepted? Yes, but he/she wants more people to be less intimated and or repulsed by our fandom. I still see people on Gaia who have this impression that Anime is rape, disgusting, or silly.

Also, in what way is he/she trying to prove something?

You are using the word Japanophile out of context, btw.

It's definitely within context because what I said is right.

The reason why there is a stigma, is because you made it out to be. Everyday I see and hear people getting bullied at school for their anime fandom. 98%, it's because they act like idiots and wear Naruto headbands to school. You're begging to get shoved in a locker with that.

However, more people starting taking a more intelligent approach towards it's introduction, and those very same people that bully are becoming immersed.

The stigma doesn't come from the haters. It comes from the fans. And rather through fear, the only way to get rid of the stigma is with an intelligent approach.

Somehow, I quite don't think some of you are capable of that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Josh7289



Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 1252
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is interesting, if nothing else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
arbitrary



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
arbitrary wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
I'm more than willing to check these out. With luck, this will get more people interested in anime in general and, God willing, further push away the "anime is Japanese violent porn toons" image that still haunts us to this day. (If nothing else, it'll bring Madhouse more money which is probably a good thing.)

You're pretty stupid for thinking there are people like that still around. Maybe only 3%... More like, it seems you're eager to prove something that doesn't need proving. In other words...Japanophillia.

Look. Geek culture is the new pop culture. And YES, anime is part of geek culture and more and more people are accepting it as an enjoyable entertainment medium. So quit getting so worked up about it. Only people who think like that are uneducated rednecks and hicks. And they take that approach towards virtually everything...


And you are acting like a douche. She/he just wanted to end that stigma, which while not as strong is still around.

Is anime much more accepted? Yes, but he/she wants more people to be less intimated and or repulsed by our fandom. I still see people on Gaia who have this impression that Anime is rape, disgusting, or silly.

Also, in what way is he/she trying to prove something?

You are using the word Japanophile out of context, btw.

It's definitely within context because what I said is right.

The reason why there is a stigma, is because you made it out to be. Everyday I see and hear people getting bullied at school for their anime fandom. 98%, it's because they act like idiots and wear Naruto headbands to school. You're begging to get shoved in a locker with that.

However, more people starting taking a more intelligent approach towards it's introduction, and those very same people that bully are becoming immersed.

The stigma doesn't come from the haters. It comes from the fans. And rather through fear, the only way to get rid of the stigma is with an intelligent approach.

Somehow, I quite don't think some of you are capable of that.


Wow..you have done nothing, but make sweeping generalizations.

Your argument is flawed I am not even going to bother with this. Forget it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 5864
Location: Penguinopolis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Wow. This'll be just as good as Gotham Knight... *snort*


So then, really pretty good?

Because Gotham Knight was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Wow. This'll be just as good as Gotham Knight... *snort*


So then, really pretty good?

Because Gotham Knight was.

I found to be on the same thrill level as this:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fighterholic



Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Posts: 9193

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
You're pretty stupid for thinking there are people like that still around. Maybe only 3%... More like, it seems you're eager to prove something that doesn't need proving. In other words...Japanophillia.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-21/oregon-man-says-son-borrowed-mature-manga-from-library

I'm surprised you actually missed this.

And while you're at it, take a break from trolling the forums, or come up with something better and positive to say about things
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group