• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Kodomo's Live-Action Film Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtakuGoth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I feel sorry for the 11-year-old girl in the story. Such a sad story. Sad
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
The trailer looked heartwarming. I'd love to see a release with subs, but knowing how squeamish most are on the subject, I doubt i'll see legally. I really would like to know if its ever said, but how did she get pregnant? I didn't see any young boys, so was it rape?

If I remember correctly, a girl in my friends school got pregnant young. 10 or 11, I can't remember exactly. I don't remember the details of the hows and whys but she did loose the child. It's not that uncommon. I remember the girls in high school always mentioning a girls who were pregnant at 12 or 13, or a boys they knew were fathers at 13,14 etc. I know those ages are a tad older, but does that truly make it any better?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
FYI... Mary (from the Bible) presented herself before the council to request to be married at the age of 5... She married Joseph and gave birth somewhere around the age of 7...

If you're going to say something that outrageous, you ought to have a source to back it up.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
If you're going to say something that outrageous, you ought to have a source to back it up.

Whatever the source, it's not any canonical Christian or Jewish scripture, nor the Qur'an either; even the Talmud, which has nothing good to say about Mary (to put it mildly) doesn't go that far. Extra-Biblical sources put her age at the time of her marriage at 11-14, although her actual betrothal could have taken place some years earlier.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Anyways, anyone seen book 2 of the manga for sale anywhere? I managed to get books 1 and 3....

In English or Japanese? I know I've seen some of the volumes for this series at my store, and if they're still there I'm going to be sure to pick them up.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
shenanigans = mischief = akugi.

Sounds like a Japanese version of Juno.

exactly my thoughts when I read this article.
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
The trailer looked heartwarming. I'd love to see a release with subs, but knowing how squeamish most are on the subject, I doubt i'll see legally.

Since this is a movie it is quite possible for the Japanese DVD to include English subs. DVDs from other asian countries like korea also tend to include English subs (of japanese movies).

Quote:
I really would like to know if its ever said, but how did she get pregnant? I didn't see any young boys, so was it rape?

The plot summary on wikipedia says that it happened as an accident while playing with her childhood friend without really knowing what they did.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote
this is strange yet interesting non the least.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:04 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:

The plot summary on wikipedia says that it happened as an accident while playing with her childhood friend without really knowing what they did.

so they accidentally had sex Confused I thought it'd be something more practical like a rape, but an accident? I know the first man and woman had to "stumble" upon the method themselves, but I dunno wouldn't they have stopped once it started to hurt, or they saw blood coming out of her? And what kind of childhood friends playing naked games together with their private parts?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:36 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:

so they accidentally had sex Confused I thought it'd be something more practical like a rape, but an accident? I know the first man and woman had to "stumble" upon the method themselves, but I dunno wouldn't they have stopped once it started to hurt, or they saw blood coming out of her? And what kind of childhood friends playing naked games together with their private parts?

They could have accidentally seen something that depicted sex and tried it out, not really knowing what they were doing.

And I personally remember a sort of...show and tell with private parts between me and two of my male friends, though I was even younger at the time. But if they don't really understand sex, they wouldn't really understand why seeing each other naked would be a sensitive thing.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
maaya wrote:

Or another possibility: They were playing with his weewee, then this white stuff came out. Then he or she handled this white stuff and just for fun put it in her gash (she may or may not know about menstruation yet). Weirder things have happened.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quote
What the hell? I was expecting a drama, and I got Juno for tweens!
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quote
This could be interesting, depended on how it's handled. For those who've read the manga, what's the tone like? The artwork looks a little goofy...
sacchan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
shenanigans = mischief = akugi. Wink

This just bugged me a little...mischief=悪戯 You read this "itazura" not "akugi".
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Wtf....shoot! She lucky she aint my child. I'd force an abortion on her ass. No 11 yr child o mine will be popin out kids. Hell she accidently had sex? I'd beat her bloody. Anime catgrin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3