• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Oniichan no Koto Nanka…, Girl Friends Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
My avatar is very please at the excitement that Girl Friends is licensed! And it's on omnibus form. Wow!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote
Wait, your avatar is from something? I always thought it was original work. I don't read much manga anymore, but I may pick this up now because I do love your avatar (and the summary does sound good).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
I don't know if I can trust Seven Seas to follow through on a yuri manga. Normally I'd be beside myself with joy, but I just can't bring myself to see this as a good thing.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
Girl Friends looks cute. Plenty of time for me to save up for it as well Smile

@Nayu - They'll probably be more likely to finish it in omnibus form.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
My avatar is very please at the excitement that Girl Friends is licensed! And it's on omnibus form. Wow!

And that means I'll own all of Girl Friends in 3 different languages... yep, this series really is that damn good and is worth triple dipping! =)

I imported them first since I figure it would never ever get licensed, then the French announced it earlier this year... and this today. Makes me one happy yuri fan! I wonder if this sells well, Seven Seas would consider going for Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink? I already imported it, but I'd love to get a copy that's a bit easier to read. Wink

Last edited by fireaxe on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 am Reply with quote
Wow, Girl Friends got licensed that's pretty cool! Its pretty good, I liked it.
osakaedo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote
@nayu
They'll be releasing this in two omnibi...There's no way, unless they go bankrupt that they won't finish this series. And given how well ToraDora, VampireBund and Railgun are doing I can only assume that they'll be around for a while Laughing (unless someone blows it all on crank or a bus tour).

Looking forward to Onii-chan. Man, Seven Seas are looking stronger and stronger. Glad to see more manga pubs grow and become increasingly stable.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
Hell yes, Girl Friends!

This is one of my favorite Yuri titles, in how the characters aren't totally played for moe points, and the drama has the air of somewhat-realism. I really do like this series. And in Omnibus form!
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Girl Friends looks cute. Plenty of time for me to save up for it as well Smile

@Nayu - They'll probably be more likely to finish it in omnibus form.

Its a fantastic manga. Yeah, chances are higher since they're doing omnibuses but after being burnt by First Love Sisters, The Last Uniform, StraPani (which I admit they finally completed) and their abortive light novel line I have very little faith in them.

osakaedo wrote:
@nayu
They'll be releasing this in two omnibi...There's no way, unless they go bankrupt that they won't finish this series. And given how well ToraDora, VampireBund and Railgun are doing I can only assume that they'll be around for a while Laughing (unless someone blows it all on crank or a bus tour).

First Love Sisters and The Last Uniform were three volume series which were aborted by Seven Seas after two volumes. I'm sorry but my lack of faith in them is not unreasonable.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
I wasn't very impressed with the Oniichan anime, but I might try out a volume or two of the manga to see if its any better than the anime.

But, I'll be staying as far away from Girl Friends as I possibly can. I truly hate anything yuri and yaoi.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
^ The manga gets better later on when spoiler[the male lead and one of yaoi girl start to get closer in their relationship]

Truth be told I did not think Oniichan would get an official English translation at all. I though I was going to be stuck with scans for the rest of time.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Cool I didn't thing that some one would get Oniichan
neocloud9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I usually hear Girl Friends being spoken of pretty highly among yuri fans... I'll definitely check that one out. Smile
kaizoku00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Finally! Girl Friends was definitely a title that deserved to get liscensed. It was cute and it had a lot of heart. I'm excited to own it!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh God. Seven Seas, of ALL the things you had to licensed, you nabbed Oniikoto (my nickname for said incest manga)?!? Why couldn't you nab something actually worth releasing, like the rest of 07-Ghost or +C: Sword and Cornett or Shinryaku! Ika Musume or Ikoku Meiro no Croisee?!?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3