• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tales of Graces:f's English Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Can't wait!
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I GOT A PS3 TODAY JUST FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!! And the English Trailer and Release Date are announced on the same day, how lucky am I?? xD
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Reserved 3 copies of this game today. Can't wait to play it. So glad they kept the song, using the English version and none of that instrumental stuff.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if I've been under the rock the whole time, but would be nice to have it in Wii version in N.A. as the PS3 console is too expensive for me at this moment. :/
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:15 am Reply with quote
Wonder which will outsell the other in America: Xenoblade or ToG:f..............
ssgOverlord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:54 am Reply with quote
I wonder if I should buy it even if I don't have a PS3 by then...
Pado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it's nice they are using an English version of Boa's song for the English version.

Although, it would be even better if they added dual audio option xD!
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quote
I got a PS3 just for Tales of Vesperia, but I was so damn disappointed that they released it only on Xbox 360. It's great to see that there's finally gonna be a tales game on PS3, since I haven't played it it's new to me.

I still hope one day they bring Tales of Vesperia to the PS3, because the Xbox 360 is not worth getting due to its failure rate.
silencer226

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I got a PS3 just for Tales of Vesperia, but I was so damn disappointed that they released it only on Xbox 360. It's great to see that there's finally gonna be a tales game on PS3, since I haven't played it it's new to me.

I still hope one day they bring Tales of Vesperia to the PS3, because the Xbox 360 is not worth getting due to its failure rate.

That is why you buy the new and improved model that came out last year that fixes those problems.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

I got an Xbox 360 just to play Vesperia, the game was the best Tales game I played that day and the characters and story were awesome.

Too bad my Xbox died 4 months later... never got another one because I don't want to invest in crappy Microsoft products. I really hope they would put out the PS3 version of Vesperia someday though... or I'm more opt to just import it from Japan. I rather pay import prices than give Microsoft another cent of my money.

Quote:
I wonder if I should buy it even if I don't have a PS3 by then...

I would suggest buying it and setting it on your shelf until you do get one. That way, your purchase can go to support Namco, Tales and the chance of getting more Tales games in NA. Plus, judging from the other Tales games, they print them in limited supply. If you try to find other Tales games like Legendia, Abyss, Symphonia, they're all OOP and expensive to buy from other people.

I don't have a PS3, I borrow one from my friend, but I still bought 3 copies of it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:

Too bad my Xbox died 4 months later... never got another one because I don't want to invest in crappy Microsoft products. I really hope they would put out the PS3 version of Vesperia someday though... or I'm more opt to just import it from Japan. I rather pay import prices than give Microsoft another cent of my money.

4 months, it's still under Microsoft's 1 year warranty (3 years if it's the RROD), so you could get them to fix it instead of buying a new one. Or if you did what I did: I got a 2-yr replacement plan, and when mine "just happened" to break on the last month of the plan, they gave me another one (but an Elite 360 instead) at no cost. (That reminds me, my monitor is due to "just happen" to break soon too.........) Laughing

Anyways, the Jasper and Elite 360s as well as the new Slims have better heat dissipation (the lack of was what's breaking the early gen 360s). Turns out the early PS3s were also breaking at almost similar rate but weren't as noticeable because there's no fancy lights to signify it. (Both my 360 and PS3 still working for years, but I doubt they'd outlast my NES and SNES - the more complicated the system, the more could go wrong and break down.) (Incidentally, I only paid $110 for my PS3 - turns out later it was a pricing error, but when I walked in the store and found out how much it was, I just decided to get it.) Laughing
The Count

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
4 months, it's still under Microsoft's 1 year warranty (3 years if it's the RROD), so you could get them to fix it instead of buying a new one. Or if you did what I did: I got a 2-yr replacement plan, and when mine "just happened" to break on the last month of the plan, they gave me another one (but an Elite 360 instead) at no cost. (That reminds me, my monitor is due to "just happen" to break soon too.........) Laughing
Laughing As someone who works in retail I find it amazing how often things "just happen".

Really looking forward too play this. I may have too use vacation time to play this uninterrupted, like I did with Vesperia. I don't understand how this series isn't more popular in N. America. The combat system is among the best for JRPG's and few JRPG's flesh out characters as well as a Tales game does.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
The Count wrote:

Really looking forward too play this. I may have too use vacation time to play this uninterrupted, like I did with Vesperia. I don't understand how this series isn't more popular in N. America. The combat system is among the best for JRPG's and few JRPG's flesh out characters as well as a Tales game does.

Because it's not a shooter, obviously.

Definitely a day 1 purchase for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1